Atakelti (AT) Desta
Atakelti (AT) Desta is an associate in the real estate investments and transactions group at Ropes & Gray. AT’s practice comprises a range of real estate transactional matters including acquisitions and dispositions, co-investments, debt finance and joint ventures. AT also has extensive experience advising developers, investors and companies of various sizes and industries on issues involving title, leasing and land use.
During law school, AT was a legal writing tutor, a note editor for the Health Matrix: Journal of Law and Medicine, and Historian for the Case Western Reserve chapter of the National Black Law Students Association. He also earned the CALI Excellence for the Future Award, given to the highest scoring student in a course at participating law schools, for his performance in Transactional Writing and Skills. Outside of his practice, AT is involved with numerous causes relating to service, social justice and education.
- Faculty Member, “Easements, Restrictions, Partitions & Boundary Disputes,” Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education (MCLE) (February 10, 2021)
- JD, Case Western Reserve University School of Law, 2016; Note Editor, Health Matrix: Journal of Law Medicine
- M.Ed, cum laude, Boston College, Lynch School of Education, 2011
- BA (History), Boston College, 2009
Admissions / Qualifications
- Massachusetts, 2016
- Boston Magazine – “Top Lawyers” (2021)
- Super Lawyers – “Massachusetts Rising Stars” (2021-2022)
- The National Black Lawyers Top 100 – “Top 40 under 40” (2021-2022)