Chandler C. Dorris is strategic IP transactions associate who advises clients on intellectual property, technology, and data matters in complex transactions. She is a registered patent agent and is certified in data privacy by the International Association of Privacy Professionals.
During law school, Chandler advised start-ups at her school’s Trademark and Entrepreneur Clinic. She founded the Intellectual Property & Entertainment Law Society at her law school to share knowledge and increase access to the field. She also received numerous academic awards such as Book Awards for achieving the highest grade in her class in Patent Law, Contracts I, Contracts II, Applied Legal Theory & Analysis I, Civil Procedure I, Environmental Law, and Professional Responsibility.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray -
- Clerked at a biotechnology research institute advising on complex collaborations, data transfer agreements, and licenses
- Led negotiations and drafted IP transfer agreements for start-ups
- Drafted and prosecuted international (PCT) and American patent applications for a variety of fields, including batteries, electronics, manufacturing processes, and consumer goods at a national law firm
- Investigated infringement and validity of patents and trademarks at a national law firm
- Speaker, “IP Guidance in China,” Ropes & Gray IP Hot Topics, webinar (August 2020)
- JD, magna cum laude, 2020
- BSE (Science in Engineering), University of Pennsylvania, School of Engineering and Applied Science, 2016
Admissions / Qualifications
- California, 2021
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 2018