Chelsea joined Ropes & Gray in 2021 as an associate in the private equity transactions group in the firm’s corporate department. Chelsea represents private equity and strategic clients in a wide range of transactional matters. Chelsea’s practice has a particular focus on special purpose acquisition companies (SPACs).
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Chelsea was a corporate associate in the New York office of another international law firm.
- Represented Pershing Square Tontine Holdings, a special purpose acquisition company, in its $4 billion IPO.*
- Represented Thoma Bravo Advantage, a special purpose acquisition company, in its $1 billion IPO.*
- Represented Mason Industrial Technology, a special purpose acquisition company, in its $500 million IPO.*
- Represented Inteva Products, LLC in connection with the sale of its roof systems business to CIE Automotive, S.A. for approximately $755 million.*
*Experience prior to joining Ropes & Gray
- Co-author, “COVID-19 Update: NYSE Temporarily Waives Certain Shareholder Approval Requirements,” National Law Review (April 2020)
- Co-author, “COVID-19 Update: NYSE and Nasdaq Consider Impact of COVID-19,” National Law Review (March 2020)
- Co-author, “COVID-19 Update: SEC Guidance on Shareholder Meetings and Filing Deadline Extensions in Light of COVID-19 Concerns,” National Law Review (March 2020)
- Co-author, “Strict Interpretation of Merger Agreement: Vintage Rodeo Parent, LLC v. Rent-A-Center, Inc.,” Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation (April 2019)
- Chelsea Donenfeld, “Successor Liability in the Bankruptcy Context: The Problem or the Solution?,” 39 Cardozo L. Rev. 719 (2017)
- JD, Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law of Yeshiva University, 2018; Senior Articles Editor, Cardozo Law Review; Heyman Scholar for Corporate Governance
- BS, University of Maryland, College Park, 2014; Presidential Scholar; Robert H. Smith Sport Management Fellow
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 2019