Jieying Ding joined the asset management group of Ropes & Gray’s San Francisco office as an associate in 2018 and transferred to the firm’s Hong Kong office in 2021. Jieying represents fund sponsors in the formation and offering of private equity funds and advises investment managers in connection with ongoing regulatory compliance with securities laws. In addition, Jieying represents institutional investors in connection with their investments in private funds. Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Jieying was an associate in the Investment Funds, Advisers and Derivatives group at another major law firm in New York.
While attending Georgetown University Law Center, Jieying was a notes editor for the Georgetown Journal of International Law and was a Pro Bono Pledge Honoree.
- Co-author, “Regulatory Monitor Private Funds Update,” The Investment Lawyer (September 2021)
- Author, “Enforcement in International Investment and Trade law: History, Assessment, and Proposed Solutions,” Georgetown Journal of International Law, 47 Geo,J.Int’l L. 1137 (May 2016)
- JD, Georgetown University Law Center, 2016
- BA, Fudan University, 2010
Admissions / Qualifications
- Hong Kong, Registered Foreign Lawyer (New York), 2021
- California, 2018
- New York, 2017