Joseph P. DiCarlo
Joseph DiCarlo is an associate in Ropes & Gray’s mergers and acquisitions group. Joseph’s practice focuses on representing public and private companies and investors in a broad range of domestic and international transactional matters, including mergers, acquisitions, equity investments, joint ventures, and other strategic transactions and corporate governance matters. Joseph has worked on transactions covering a wide range of industries, including sports and entertainment, biotechnology, energy, health care, cannabis and real estate.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray in 2021, Joseph was an associate in the M&A and emerging growth companies groups in the New York office of another leading global law firm.
- Represented Pfizer in its acquisition of Trillium Therapeutics.
- Represented HiberCell, Inc. in its acquisition of Genuity Science.
- Represented Subversive Capital Acquisition Corp., the largest SPAC in both cannabis and Canadian history at the time of the transaction, in its acquisition of Left Coast Ventures, Inc. The transaction also involved the acquisition of CMG Partners Inc. (Caliva) and agreements with Jay-Z and Roc Nation.*
- Represented experiential hospitality leader On Location Experiences in the sale of a majority stake to talent and media agency holding company, Endeavor Group.*
- Represented various clients in the sports and entertainment, energy, health care and cannabis industries in connection with mergers, acquisitions and other strategic transactions.*
- Represented Caithness Energy in connection with a joint venture and equity financing for a natural gas electric generating facility.*
- Represented Deerfield Management Company in connection with various equity investments and transactional matters.*
- Represented Canopy Rivers in connection with various equity investments.*
- Represented Digitalis Ventures in connection with various equity investments.*
*Experience prior to joining Ropes & Gray
- JD, magna cum laude, Seton Hall University School of Law, 2018; Order of the Coif; Comments Editor, Seton Hall Law Review
- BA (Political Science), magna cum laude, The College of New Jersey, 2015
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 2019