Sarah Dunn Davis
Sarah Davis focuses her practice on representing public companies and investment banks in a broad range of domestic and cross-border transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, minority investments and other strategic transactions. She also has significant experience representing public companies and investment banks in capital markets transactions as well as general corporate matters.
Sarah rejoined Ropes & Gray in 2021, having previously served as vice president and senior counsel at a publicly traded global asset management company.
Sarah was a mergers and acquisitions and capital markets associate at the firm from 2014 – 2015; prior to that, she was an associate in the corporate department of a New York-based law firm.
- Represented Galderma in connection with its sale of Alchemee (formerly The Proactiv Company) to Taro Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Represented Altimeter Growth Corp. in its $40 billion business combination with Grab Holdings (and related $4 billion PIPE).
- Represented iCapital Network in its acquisition of Axio Financial.
- Represented Pfizer in its acquisition of a minority interest (with option to acquire company) in AM-Pharma B.V., a Dutch clinical stage biopharmaceutical company.
- Represented IBM in its acquisition of The Now Factory, an Ireland-based provider of analytics software.*
- Represented Alliant Techsystems Inc., an aerospace, defense and sporting goods company, in its acquisition of Bushnell Group Holdings, a designer and distributor of outdoor accessories.*
- Profiled, “The American Lawyer’s 2022 Dealmakers of the Year,” The American Lawyer (March 28, 2022)
- Cited, “Legal Industry Updates,” The National Law Review (March 11, 2021)
- Cited, “Law Firm News: M&A Counsel Join Ropes & Gray,” Boston Bar Association (March 8, 2021)
- Cited, “Hire Up: After M&A Rebound, Big Law Stocks Up on Deal Lawyers,” The American Lawyer and Law.com (March 5, 2021)
- Cited, “Industry Moves,” Reuters (March 4, 2021)
- Co-author, “Court rules on failure to include management presentations in proxy statement,” International Law Office’s Corporate/M&A Newsletter (December 17, 2014)
- JD, magna cum laude, University of Kentucky College of Law, 2008; Order of the Coif; editor-in-chief, Kentucky Law Journal
- BA (English), with Distinction, University of Virginia, 2004
Admissions / Qualifications
- Massachusetts, 2014
- New York, 2009
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- Lawdragon 500 - Leading Dealmakers in America (2022)
- The American Lawyer “Dealmakers of the Year” (2022)