Wes Dodd is an associate in the corporate department practicing primarily in the health care and intellectual property transactions practice groups. Wes provides regulatory, transactional and compliance advice to a broad range of clients in the health care industry including hospitals and health systems, medical device manufacturers, management services organizations, physician practices, and biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies.
During law school, Wes served as editor in chief of the Santa Clara Law Review and as a policy research fellow at the Panetta Institute for Public Policy. He also worked as a law clerk for both public and nonprofit health systems. Prior to law school, Wes served as an AmeriCorps VISTA member working to support initiatives to fight poverty in the California Central Valley.
- Advised an academic health system regarding fraud and abuse issues related to a strategic joint venture.
- Advised a DME medical device manufacturer in connection with issues related to a government investigation.
- Advised hospitals and health systems on compliance with federal and state fraud and abuse laws.
- Provided advice to management services organizations and physician practice organizations on issues related joint ventures and managed care contracting.
- Advised hospitals, health systems and other health care organizations on strategic transactions including member substitutions, stock purchases and asset sales.
- Advised hospitals and health systems on matters related to compliance with federal and state privacy and security laws.
- Assisted tax-exempt organizations with corporate finance matters including tax-exempt public offerings.
- Advised life sciences clients regarding collaboration and license agreements.
- Co-author, “A Look Inside CMS' New Medicare Shared Savings Program,” Law360 (January 14, 2019)
- Co-author, “Your Bitcoin or Your Business: The Growing Threat of Ransomware Across Industries,” Westlaw Journals (December 2017)