Adam joined Ropes & Gray in 2011 and is an associate in the hedge funds practice group. He advises hedge funds, private funds and investment funds in regulatory, transactional and compliance matters. Adam specializes in counseling hedge fund clients on Section 12 and Section 16 reporting compliance and proxy contests. Prior to joining the firm, Adam was an assistant attorney general in the Environmental Protection Bureau of the New York Attorney General's Office.
- Advises sovereign wealth funds, university endowments and institutional investors in structuring, negotiation and documentation of all stages of secondary transactions, tender offers, structured investments and co-investments ranging in size from several million to several billion dollars.
- Advises U.S. and non-U.S. investment advisors in offering of securities in connection with diverse fund strategies and compliance with U.S., UK and EU regulatory regimes.
- Advises registered funds in debt offerings.
- Advises fund sponsors in seed funding and joint venture arrangements.
- Advises large hedge fund with respect to the Lehman Brothers and MF Global insolvency proceedings and with respect to special situations investments globally.