Andrew Des Rault
Andrew Des Rault is an associate in the asset management group. His practice focuses on advising “buy side” clients, including hedge funds and private equity sponsors, and corporate end-users on derivatives and related regulatory matters. Immediately prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Andrew was Vice President and Assistant General Counsel in the equity derivatives legal group at a global investment bank. Andrew began his legal career as a derivatives associate at another leading U.S. law firm and, before attending law school, worked as an analyst at several financial institutions.
- Represents “buy side” clients and corporate end-users in the negotiation of ISDA Master Agreements, confirmations and other ISDA-based documentation, including in connection with clients’ interest rate and FX hedging programs.
- Represents hedge funds, mutual funds, endowments and other investment funds in negotiating master confirmation agreements, triparty agreements for collateral, Master Repurchase Agreements, Global Master Repurchase Agreements and other trading documentation.
- Advises clients on the laws and regulations governing derivatives trading, including the Dodd-Frank Act and U.S. securities laws.
- Advises “buy side” clients in negotiation of synthetic “delta 1” equity swap master confirmations.
- Represented a leading financial institution in documenting equity hedging and monetization strategies, including forwards and collars, for high net worth individuals.
- Represented private equity sponsors and hedge funds in connection with “stakebuilding” transactions.
- JD, cum laude, Cornell Law School, 2012; Editor, Cornell Law Review
- MBA, with distinction, Cornell SC Johnson College of Business, 2012
- BA (Economics and Political Science), summa cum laude, College of the Holy Cross, 2003; Phi Beta Kappa
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 2013