Andrew Des Rault
Andrew Des Rault’s practice focuses on advising “buy side” clients, including hedge funds and private equity sponsors, and corporate end-users on derivatives and related regulatory matters. Immediately prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Andrew was Vice President and Assistant General Counsel in the equity derivatives legal group at a global investment bank. Andrew began his legal career as a derivatives associate at another leading U.S. law firm and, before attending law school, worked as an analyst at several financial institutions.
- Represents “buy side” clients and corporate end-users in the negotiation of ISDA Master Agreements, confirmations and other ISDA-based documentation, including in connection with clients’ interest rate and FX hedging programs.
- Represents hedge funds, mutual funds, endowments and other investment funds in negotiating master confirmation agreements, triparty agreements for collateral, Master Repurchase Agreements, Global Master Repurchase Agreements and other trading documentation.
- Advises clients on the laws and regulations governing derivatives trading, including the Dodd-Frank Act and U.S. securities laws.
- Advises “buy side” clients in negotiation of synthetic “delta 1” equity swap master confirmations.
- Represented a leading financial institution in documenting equity hedging and monetization strategies, including forwards and collars, for high net worth individuals.
- Represented private equity sponsors and hedge funds in connection with “stakebuilding” transactions.
- JD, cum laude, Cornell Law School, 2012; Editor, Cornell Law Review
- MBA, with distinction, Cornell SC Johnson College of Business, 2012
- BA (Economics and Political Science), summa cum laude, College of the Holy Cross, 2003; Phi Beta Kappa