Andrew Douglas joined Ropes & Gray in 2014 as an associate in the tax and benefits group, focusing on UK corporate tax and international tax matters.Andrew has experience advising on complex UK tax matters arising from a broad range of transactions, including corporate M&A, finance and restructuring transactions and private equity and hedge fund structuring, in addition to general advisory work. His clients have included private equity funds, hedge funds, multinational companies, banks, pension funds and other institutional investors.
- Acting for Arsenal Capital Partners on the proposed acquisition by its portfolio company Value Demonstration Holdings LLC of Cello Health plc, an AIM-listed global healthcare-focused advisory group
- Acting for K2 Insurance Services, a portfolio company of Lee Equity Partners, the U.S. private equity firm, on its acquisition of Pioneer Underwriters, a London-headquartered underwriting services organisation
- Acting for Exponent Private Equity on its sale of Pattonair, a global aerospace and defense supply chain provider to Platinum Equity
- Acting for CCMP on its sale of PureGym, a chain of no frills fitness clubs in the United Kingdom
- Acting for Ensono, a leading hybrid IT services provider, on its acquisition of Inframon, a specialist cloud service provider
- Acting for Bain Capital on its purchase of a controlling stake in MKM, the UK’s largest independent builders’ merchant, from 3i and Lloyds Development Capital
- Acting for Bain Capital on its acquisition of the Ibstock, Forticrete, Supreme and Glen Gery clay and concrete businesses of CRH plc
- Acting for 3i Group plc on the acquisition of Audley Travel, a provider of tailor-made experiential holidays
- Acting for Charlesbank Capital Partners in its acquisition of Six Degrees Group
- Acting for European Capital on its leveraged buyout of Cordium, a provider of services to regulated firms
DisclaimerRopes & Gray International LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in Delaware, United States of America and is a recognised body regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (with registered number 52100).
- LPC, College of Law, 2009
- BA (Hons), First Class, 2008