Benjamin T. DiCamillo
Ben DiCamillo joined the corporate department as an associate in 2015. He works primarily on securities and public company matters, with a focus on the life sciences industry.
Prior to starting law school, Ben served as a legal intern for a US-based human rights organization in La Paz, Bolivia, working to provide justice to victims of child sexual assault. During law school, Ben served as an articles editor for the Duke Journal of Comparative and International Law.
- Advised Beam Therapeutics, a private pre-clinical biotherapeutics company, in connection with both the extension of its Series A financing and its Series B financing, as well as on various ongoing corporate, governance and commercial matters.
- Advised Goldfinch Bio, a private clinical-stage pharmaceuticals company, in connection with the extension of its Series A financing, as well as ongoing corporate and governance matters.
- Advised Kerogen Capital, a London and Hong Kong-based private equity firm, in connection with its $10 million Series C investment in SparkCognition, a Texas-based startup developing cognitive artificial intelligence systems for industrial purposes.
- Advised one of the global leading medical technology companies in its $100 million acquisition of SafeAir AG, a private manufacturer of surgical instruments based in Switzerland.
- Advises Ironwood Pharmaceuticals, a public commercial-stage pharmaceutical company, on ongoing securities compliance matters under the ’34 Exchange Act.
- Advised Neurogastrx, a private clinical-stage pharmaceutical company, in the extension of its Series A financing, as well as ongoing corporate, governance and commercial matters.
- Advised Equal Opportunity Ventures, a venture capital fund focused on making investments in early-stage businesses impacting economic mobility, in various Series Seed investments in socially-conscious startups.
- Advised Pfizer, one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies, in its $14 billion acquisition of Medivation, a commercial-stage oncology company.
- Advised CIRCOR International, a leading manufacturer of flow and motion control products, in successfully defending against a hostile tender offer launched by market competitor Crane Co.
- Advised the underwriters in a $69 million follow-on offering for Quanterix Corporation, a public company digitizing biomarker analysis for use in precision health.
- Advised the underwriters in the $168 million initial public offering for Biohaven Pharmaceuticals, a clinical-stage pharmaceutical company.
- Advised MACOM Technology Solutions, a public manufacturer of semiconductor products, in its $770 million acquisition of Applied Micro Circuits Corp.
- Advised Mattress Firm, a leading retailer, in its sale to Steinhoff International for $3.8 billion.
- JD, Duke University School of Law, 2015; articles editor, Duke Journal of Comparative and International Law
- BA (History and Spanish), magna cum laude ; departmental honors in History, Bucknell University, 2011