Brandon K. Dunn
Brandon Dunn joined Ropes & Gray in 2014 and is an associate in the Tax & Benefits department. He focuses on advising private equity and other clients on the federal income tax aspects of mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, restructurings and other transactional tax matters. He also advises global asset managers as well as institutional and other investors on tax considerations relating to investment funds.
- Represented a leading global medical technology company in the divestiture of its Advanced Bioprocessing business to Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. for $477 million.
- Represented a multinational pharmaceutical company in connection with its acquisition of a clinical stage oncology company.
- Represented Pfizer in connection with its $14 billion acquisition of Medivation, a commercial-stage oncology company.
- Represented Shire plc in its acquisition of Dyax Corp. for $5.9 billion in cash plus contingent value rights.
- Represented Cove Hill Partners in its investment in SpareFoot, the world’s largest online self-storage marketplace, and SpareFoot’s simultaneous acquisition of SiteLink, a leading provider of cloud-based software solutions for the self-storage industry.
- Represented Castanea Partners in its investment in Tatcha, LLC, a luxury skincare brand.
- Represented an investment fund sponsor in the fundraising and negotiating of several separately managed accounts with domestic and international investors.
- Represented a large sovereign wealth fund investor in connection with primary investments in U.S. and internationally-based private equity funds.