Elena Weissman Davis
Elena Weissman Davis first joined Ropes & Gray in 2016 as an associate in the firm’s litigation and enforcement group. She rejoined Ropes & Gray in 2018 following a yearlong clerkship with the Honorable William G. Young of the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts.
Elena’s practice covers a diverse range of civil litigation, government investigations, and criminal proceedings. She has assisted clients in navigating issues arising from the False Claims Act, the Anti-Kickback Statute, the federal mail and wire fraud statutes, and corporate and contractual disputes. Elena also maintains an active pro bono practice.
During law school, Elena served as Supervising Chair of the Harvard Law Review and was a board member of the Harvard Law Women’s Law Association. She also interned at the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of New Jersey and the Middlesex County District Attorney’s Office.
- Represents companies in complex commercial litigation involving breach of contract and tort claims.
- Represents parent in “Varsity Blues” college admissions prosecution.
- Represents pharmaceutical manufacturer in multi-district federal and state litigation regarding the sale and distribution of prescription opioid products.
- Represents former employee of medical device manufacturer in multi-year DOJ investigation relating to False Claims Act and kickback allegations.
- Counsels international pharmaceutical company in connection with compliance and quality control processes.
- Member of a litigation team that successfully represented a limited liability company’s CEO and majority unit holder in complex commercial litigation in the Delaware Court of Chancery and Delaware Supreme Court.
- Conducted pre-acquisition due diligence for corporate client of target company litigation and investigations.
- Assisted in representing private equity client in SEC examination action regarding fees, expenses, and potential conflicts of interest.
- Represents pro bono individuals seeking asylum in affirmative and defensive proceedings.
- Co-author, “Justices Will Bring Welcome Resolution In Int'l Discovery Row,” Law360 (March 25, 2021)
- Recent Case, Ponorovskaya v. Stecklow, 987 N.Y.S.2d 543 (Sup. Ct. 2014), 128 Harv. L. Rev. 1868 (2015)
- JD, Harvard Law School, 2016; Supervising Chair, Harvard Law Review
- BA (Music, Economics), magna cum laude, Brown University, 2010
Admissions / Qualifications
- Massachusetts, 2016