Elena Weissman Davis
Elena Weissman Davis first joined Ropes & Gray in 2016 as an associate in the firm’s Litigation and Enforcement group. She rejoined Ropes & Gray in 2018 following a yearlong clerkship with the Honorable William G. Young of the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts.
Elena’s practice covers a diverse range of civil litigation, government investigations, and criminal proceedings. She regularly advises corporate clients and prominent individuals in navigating complex commercial and transactional disputes, including matters involving contracts, mergers and acquisitions, and fraud and other business torts. She also has represented clients in connection with issues arising from the False Claims Act, the Anti-Kickback Statute, and the federal mail and wire fraud statutes. Elena has substantial experience in all phases of litigation, and has successfully represented clients in state and federal courts as well as in arbitration forums. Elena also maintains an active pro bono practice.
During law school, Elena served as Supervising Chair of the Harvard Law Review and was a board member of the Harvard Law Women’s Law Association. She also interned at the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of New Jersey and the Middlesex County District Attorney’s Office.
- Obtained complete dismissal of a class action complaint filed in the Delaware Court of Chancery challenging a $5.1 billion acquisition of a biopharmaceutical company, and secured a unanimous affirmance from the Delaware Supreme Court en banc.
- Obtained complete dismissal of complaint alleging breach of contract and business torts in New York state court, as well as dismissal of related claims brought in arbitration.
- Represented pharmaceutical manufacturer in multi-district federal and state litigation regarding the sale and distribution of prescription opioid products.
- Represented parent in “Varsity Blues” college admissions prosecution.
- Represented former employee of medical device manufacturer in multi-year DOJ investigation relating to False Claims Act and kickback allegations.
- Counseled international pharmaceutical company in connection with compliance and quality control processes.
- Assisted in successfully representing a limited liability company’s CEO and majority unit holder in multi-billion dollar dispute, resulting a unanimous en banc decision in favor of our clients by the Delaware Supreme Court.
- Regularly represent private equity clients in conducting pre-acquisition litigation diligence.
- Currently representing pro bono individuals seeking asylum in affirmative and defensive proceedings.
- Co-author, “Justices Will Bring Welcome Resolution In Int'l Discovery Row,” Law360 (March 25, 2021)
- Recent Case, Ponorovskaya v. Stecklow, 987 N.Y.S.2d 543 (Sup. Ct. 2014), 128 Harv. L. Rev. 1868 (2015)
- JD, Harvard Law School, 2016; Supervising Chair, Harvard Law Review
- BA (Music, Economics), magna cum laude, Brown University, 2010
Admissions / Qualifications
- Massachusetts, 2016