Emily Derr joined Ropes & Gray in 2009 as an associate practicing in the litigation department. Emily has a wide range of experience in government investigations, antitrust litigation, and complex commercial disputes. Emily also has extensive experience defending companies in civil litigation associated with state and federal False Claims Acts. She has represented clients in matters before state and federal trial and appellate courts. Her clients have included pharmaceutical companies, manufacturing companies, REITs, public companies, and individuals.
- Lead associate on team representing major pharmaceutical company in False Claims Act litigation involving allegations off-label promotion and speaker program kickbacks, through fact and expert discovery, resulting in dismissal at summary judgment in federal district court and complete affirmance on appeal.
- Represented major pharmaceutical company in long-running government-intervened False Claims Act litigation involving allegations of fraudulent Medicaid price reporting.
- Representing large medical device company in False Claims Act litigation alleging fraud-on-the-FDA and violations of the Anti-Kickback Statute.
- Representing electronics manufacturer in class action and multi-district litigation concerning alleged antitrust violations.
- Defeated a preliminary injunction in federal court regarding a proxy vote on behalf of the largest shareholder in a publicly traded company.
- Litigated numerous discovery and evidentiary disputes in federal matters.