Eugene Dariush Daneshvar
Eugene Dariush Daneshvar, PhD is a technical advisor and patent agent in Ropes & Gray's intellectual property group. Eugene works in fields including consumer health electronics, wearable technologies, medical devices, Bioelectronic Medicine, Neuromodulation therapy, movable neural interfaces, microelectromechanical systems (MEMS), and shape memory materials.
Prior to joining the firm, Eugene assisted with patent prosecution, patent litigation, post-grant proceedings, and managed intellectual property portfolios for small and mid-sized companies. Eugene has interned twice with Medtronic, working on their insulin pumps and sensor technology, as well as has consulted clients on use of electroactive materials for consumer electronic and biomedical products. He has written several technical reports, published scientific papers, as well as made numerous presentations at professional conferences.
Eugene received his Bachelor of Science degrees in Electrical & Biomedical Engineering, Masters of Science degree in Biomedical Engineering, and Doctoral degree in Biomedical Engineering from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor.
- Daneshvar ED, Smela E, "Characterization of conjugated polymer actuation under cerebral physiological conditions," Advanced Healthcare Materials (2014)
- Abidian MR, Daneshvar ED, Egeland BM, Kipke DR, Cederna PS, Urbanchek MG, "A hybrid conducting polymer-hydrogel conduit for peripheral nerve regeneration,'' Advanced Healthcare Materials (2012)
- Speaker, "Conjugated polymer actuators for articulating neural interfaces," Sharif University Institute for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Tehran, Iran (2014)
- Speaker, "Conjugated polymer actuators for articulating neural interfaces," University of Tehran, IEEE Chapter, Tehran, Iran (2014)
- Speaker, "Commercialization of Medical Technology,'' National Institute of Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology, Tehran, Iran (2014)
- Speaker, "Electroactive polymer actuators for medical applications," IDTechEx Printed Electronics Europe Conference, Berlin, Germany (2013)
- Speaker, "Navigating conjugated polymer actuated neural probes in a brain phantom," SPIE Smart Structures and Materials, San Diego, CA (2012)
- Speaker, "Mechanical characterization of conducting polymer actuated neural probes under physiological settings," SPIE Smart Structures and Materials, San Diego, CA (2010)