Freddie Doust joined the special situations group of Ropes & Gray’s London office as an associate in 2018. Prior to joining the firm, Freddie completed his training contract at a major U.S. law firm in London.
Freddie has experience acting on a broad range of cross-border and domestic debt restructurings, acquisitions, disposals, financings and litigation.
- Acting for the majority senior secured noteholders in the financial restructuring of the Four Seasons Health Care group.*
- Acting for an ad hoc committee of sukukholders in the restructuring of sukuks issued by Dana Gas PJSC.*
- Acting for Lone Star in its £1.2bn disposal of MRH group to CD&R.*
- Acting for Hyperion and General Atlantic in the €400m sale of a stake in Hyperion Insurance group to CDPQ.*
- Acting for Equiniti Group plc in its £122m rights issue.*
- Acting for a large private equity firm, the respondent in UNCITRAL arbitration proceedings in London, in relation to a contractual construction dispute.*
*Experience prior to joining Ropes & Gray
- Author, “The impact of Brexit on environmental law,” LawCareers.Net (November 2016)