Joanne De Silva
Joanne co-leads the firm’s U.S. direct lending practice. Her practice includes debt and equity investments and restructurings across the capital structure. She represents business development companies, debt investment funds, banks, and other institutional investors in a diverse range of transactions including unitranche, senior and junior secured, and mezzanine transactions.
She has extensive experience with intercreditor arrangements including agreements among lenders, first lien/second lien and split collateral intercreditor agreements, and subordination agreements.
Joanne is qualified to practice in New York and is a solicitor in England and Wales. She was previously qualified as a barrister in England and Wales, and was a practicing advocate and solicitor in Singapore.
Notable transactions in which Joanne has been involved include the following:
- Advised KKR Credit Advisors in $405 million first lien, second lien, and asset based credit facilities for the acquisition of KNB Holdings Corporation.
- Advised KKR Credit Advisors in $160 million senior secured term loan for the acquisition of Vee Pak, LLC by Wind Point Investors III, L.P.
- Advised KKR Credit Advisors in a $240 million unitranche financing for the acquisition of Fastener Acquisition, Inc. by Kelso & Company.
- Advised KKR Credit Advisors in $1.05 billion first lien and second lien credit facilities for the acquisition of Centric Group and Trinity Services by H.I.G. Capital.
- Advised KKR Credit Advisors in $525 million floating rate notes for corporate reorganization of PQ Corporation.
- Advised Benefit Street Partners in $240 million first lien credit facilities for merger of Lionbridge Technologies.
- Advised Benefit Street Partners in $48 million unitranche financing for the acquisition of Tillamook Country Smoker Inc.
- Advised AlpInvest US Holdings, LLC in $125 million second lien credit facilities for the acquisition of GFI Software.
- Advised Bain Capital Credit in $29 million subordinated notes issued by Interflex Investment Holdings, LLC.
- Advised a global asset manager in $40 million second lien term loan facility for the refinancing of existing term loan facilities involving intercreditor arrangements with a $200 million first lien term loan facility and a $70 million ABL facility.
- Author, “Intercreditor Agreements,” Asset Based Financing Strategies 2017 Course Handbook for Practicing Law Institute (February 6, 2017)
- Quoted, “Non-bank lenders aim at larger unitranche deals,” Buyouts (October 6, 2016)
- Presenter, “Subordination and Intercreditor agreements,” Practicing Law Institute Asset Based Financing Strategies (2011-2017)