John F. Donnelly
John Donnelly joined Ropes & Gray in 2009 as an associate in the securities and public companies group, representing public companies and investment banks in connection with mergers and acquisitions, securities offerings, private and public financings and other strategic transactions. In addition, John regularly advises clients on securities law compliance and governance issues.
- Pfizer in its acquisition of AstraZeneca’s late-stage small molecule anti-infective business.
- Ironwood Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in its $175 million private placement of notes.
- Lead underwriters in the initial public offering of Bloomin’ Brands, Inc.
- Cubist Pharmaceuticals in its 2011 acquisition of Adolor Corporation for a combination of approximately $220 million in cash and up to approximately $230 million in contingent payment rights.
- Novavax, a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company creating novel vaccines, in its $30 million in registered direct equity offerings in 2012.
- Cabot Corporation in its $600 million aggregate public note offering.
- Samsonite International in its acquisition of the assets of High Sierra for $110 million.
- TPG Capital in connection with $1.85 billion of aggregate debt financing for the acquisition of J.Crew Group.
- Altamont Capital in connection with the financing of its investment in McLarens Young International, a global insurance loss adjuster, and McLarens’ simultaneous acquisition of Airclaims, a loss adjusting leader in the aviation industry.
- Emcor Group in its $205 million acquisition of Ardent Services and Rabalais Constructors; and governance and securities law matters.
- Entegris in its $1.15 billion Acquisition of ATMI and related 144A offering of senior unsecured notes.
- Novavax on multiple securities offerings (including equity and convertible notes); and governance and securities law matters.
- Ironwood Pharmaceuticals on multiple securities offerings (including equity and notes); and governance and securities law matters.
- Hanover Insurance on multiple securities offerings; and governance and securities law matters.
- The Michaels Companies in its initial public offering and subsequent securities offerings; private placements of unsecured notes; and governance and securities law matters.
- Albireo Limited in its acquisition of Biodel.
- Represented Becton Dickinson on the divestiture of its vertebral augmentation business to Stryker.