Kavita M. DeVaney
Kavita DeVaney joined the corporate department in 2015. During her last two years of law school, Kavita completed a Masters I and Masters II degree (JD/LLM equivalency) at the Université Paris X, Nanterre, where she studied the law and competences of the European Union with a focus on competition law and conflict of laws.
During law school, Kavita interned at the U.S. Department of Commerce, Commercial Law Development Program (CLDP) and at a large, international law firm in their Financial Institutions Regulation and Enforcement Group.
- Acting for TPG Sixth Street Partners in connection with investment of up to $150 million in senior secured debt, convertible notes and warrants of Caris Life Sciences.
- Acting for KKR Credit Advisors in connection with a $340 million unitranche financing to Red Midco LLC, in which Marlin Equity Partners was the equity sponsor.
- Acting for New Mountain Capital in obtaining $198 million in first lien secured credit facilities for its acquisition of MAG DS Corp.
- Acting for Samsonite in structuring and obtaining $1.25 billion of term loan A financing, $675 million of term loan B financing and $500 million in revolving commitments in connection with its acquisition of Tumi, Inc., and the subsequent extension of the credit facilities and the issuance of €350 million in Eurobonds.
- Acting for American Industrial Partners in obtaining first lien and mezzanine financing for its acquisition of Gerber Technology, Inc. (f/k/a Gerber Scientific).
- Acting for TPG Capital in connection with the debt financing for its acquisition of a majority stake in Cirque du Soleil.
- Acting for UPC Holding B.V. in connection with the offering of US$550 million 5.50% senior notes due 2028.
- Acting for C&W Senior Financing Designated Activity Company in connection with the offering of US$700 million 6.875% senior notes due 2027.
- Acting for Telenet Finance Luxembourg Notes S.à r.l. in connection with the offering of €600 million 3.5% senior secured notes due 2028 and US$1 billion 5.5% senior secured notes due 2028 to refinance certain existing term loan facilities
- Acting for Virgin Media Secured Finance PLC in connection with the exchange offer of 5.50% senior secured notes due 2021 for its 6.00% senior secured notes due 2025.
- Acting for Virgin Media Secured Finance PLC in connection with the offering of £675 million 5.00% senior secured notes due 2027.
- Christine Haight Farley & Kavita DeVaney, “Considering Trademark and Speech Rights through the Lens of Regulating Tobacco,” 43 American Intellectual Property Law Association Quarterly Journal 289 (2015)