Michael DiMaio joined the corporate department as an associate in 2016, working primarily in the health care group. Michael advises health care providers, pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers, and other health care organizations regarding a broad range of transactional, regulatory, compliance, and financing issues.
During law school, Michael worked at the Massachusetts Health Policy Commission in the Registration of Provider Organizations group and at Greater Boston Legal Services in the Elder, Health, and Disability Unit.
- Advised a durable medical equipment manufacturer and supplier regarding regulatory due diligence concerns in connection with a strategic acquisition of another supplier.
- Advised a private equity sponsor regarding regulatory matters in connection with acquisitions involving laboratory equipment manufacturers.
- Advised private equity sponsors regarding assessment of revenue cycle management companies.
- Advised a contract research organization regarding regulatory due diligence concerns in connection with a potential strategic acquisition of another contract research organization.
- Advised a private equity sponsor regarding its acquisition of a care coordination company.
- Counseled an academic medical center on a potential affiliation with a large health system and provided advice with respect to diligence matters.
- Assisted tax-exempt borrowers obtain tax-exempt financings.
- Co-author, “What To Know About HHS Revised 'Common Rule',” Law360 (Feb. 13, 2017)