Patrick Doherty is an associate in Ropes & Gray’s litigation department. Before joining the firm, he was a summer associate in the Boston office.
During law school, Patrick worked at the U.S. Senate Committee on the Judiciary and the criminal division of the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of New York. He also served as an editor with the NYU Journal of Legislation & Public Policy.
Prior to attending law school, Patrick served as a strategy and operations consultant with a leading management consulting firm, where he supported transformation efforts at the Pentagon. He also worked as a transactional intelligence analyst for Kroll, Inc.
- Advising major investment management firm on litigation matters associated with a wide array of private equity investments.
- Representing publicly-traded logistics provider in ongoing contract dispute in federal court.
- Conducts English- and French-language anti-corruption, anti-money laundering, and sanctions due diligence and risk monitoring for large private equity firms and other clients operating in high-risk international jurisdictions.
- Represented U.S. medical consulting firm that brought multimillion dollar contract claim in federal court, leading to favorable settlement.
- Represented several U.S. private equity firms, investment banks, and publicly traded companies in insider trading inquiries and other investigations by the Department of Justice, Securities and Exchange Commission, and the Department of Labor.
- Advised U.S. medical device manufacturer on potential litigation in connection with chemical conglomerate.
- Represented U.S. medical services provider through a multimillion dollar contract dispute and successful mediation.
- Conducted internal bribery investigation into North African subsidiary of European energy company.
- Representing putative class of disabled students held in state custody in Eighth and Fourteenth Amendment claims brought against state officials in federal district court.
- Representing several separated families through asylum and deportation processes, including on the ground at U.S. Immigration and Enforcement detention centers in South Texas and before U.S. Immigration Courts.
- Represented several transgender individuals seeking to amend state and federal identification documents as part of Project Validate, a firm partnership with GLBTQ Legal Advocates & Defenders (GLAD).
- Co-author, “Patients, Payers, Prosecutors, and the Role of the Copay,” Bloomberg BNA’s Health Care Fraud Report (January 10, 2018)