Patrick Doherty is an associate in the firm’s Litigation and Enforcement practice group. Patrick represents clients in a wide array of complex litigation matters from pre-suit strategy through trial. His practice includes securities and shareholder actions, corporate governance, internal investigations, breach of contract, and other commercial disputes. Patrick also maintains an active pro bono practice, including civil rights impact litigation and asylum claims.
During law school, Patrick worked at the U.S. Senate Committee on the Judiciary and the criminal division of the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of New York. He also served as an editor with the NYU Journal of Legislation & Public Policy. Before joining the firm in New York, he was a summer associate in the Boston office.
Prior to attending law school, Patrick served as a strategy and operations consultant with a leading management consulting firm in Washington, D.C., where he supported transformation efforts at the Pentagon. He also worked as a transactional intelligence analyst for Kroll, Inc.
- Advising several major investment management firms on litigation matters associated with a wide array of private equity investments.
- Representing U.S. digital technology corporation in ongoing complex contract dispute in New York state court.
- Secured dismissal of contract claims against publicly-traded logistics provider in federal court in New York.
- Represented U.S. medical consulting firm that brought multimillion dollar contract claim in federal court in Missouri, leading to favorable settlement.
- Represented nonprofit U.S. health plan in contract dispute brought before New York state court and JAMS arbitration, leading to favorable settlement.
- Conducted significant English- and French-language anti-corruption, anti-money laundering, and sanctions due diligence and risk monitoring for large private equity firms and other clients operating in high-risk international jurisdictions.
- Represented several U.S. private equity firms, investment banks, and publicly traded companies in insider trading inquiries and other investigations by the Department of Justice, Securities and Exchange Commission, and the Department of Labor.
- Advised U.S. medical device manufacturer on potential litigation in connection with chemical conglomerate.
- Represented U.S. medical services provider through a multimillion dollar contract dispute and successful JAMS mediation.
- Representing disabled detained juveniles bringing Fourteenth Amendment claims for unconstitutional restraint, seclusion, and mental health provisions against state officials in pending federal class action lawsuit in Iowa.
- Successfully briefed and argued grant of asylum for former Central American anti-gang detective in defensive proceedings before the Houston (TX) Immigration Court.
- Travelled to U.S. Immigration and Enforcement (ICE) detention centers in South Texas to represent immigrant families separated under 2018 U.S. policy changes.
- Represented several transgender individuals seeking to amend state and federal identification documents as part of Project Validate, a firm partnership with GLBTQ Legal Advocates & Defenders (GLAD).
- Co-author, “Patients, Payers, Prosecutors, and the Role of the Copay,” Bloomberg BNA’s Health Care Fraud Report (January 10, 2018)
- JD, New York University School of Law, 2017
- BA (History, International Relations), Tufts University, 2011