Patrick Dorime joined Ropes & Gray in 2018 as an associate in the firm’s private equity transactions group. Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Patrick was a senior mergers and acquisitions associate in the New York office of an international law firm.
Patrick represents private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies, and public and private companies and investors in connection with mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, equity investments and general corporate matters. Patrick also advises clients in various industries on corporate governance and securities compliance matters.
Mergers & Acquisitions Experience
- Represented a leading aviation and defense company in its sale of its marine weather forecasting business.*
- Represented Standard Solar, Inc., a U.S. developer of commercial and industrial solar projects, in its sale of the company to Gaz Métro.*
- Represented Southern Cross Latin America Private Equity Fund IV, L.P., a private equity fund which targets investments in Latin America, in its acquisition of Getronics LATAM, a leading provider of information, communication and technology services in Latin America, from OpenGate Capital.*
- Represented a renewable energy company, operating in emerging markets, in growth capital transactions and the negotiation of its shareholders agreement.*
- Represented Macquarie Infrastructure Partners Inc. in its acquisition of the 512 MW Bayonne Energy Center gas-fired electric power generation facility from ArcLight.*
- Represented Southern Cross Latin America Private Equity Fund IV, L.P., in its acquisition of Grupo Expansión, a media company and former subsidiary of Time Inc.*
- Represented World Fuel Services Corporation in its acquisition of Colt International, LLC, a global leader in the business aviation industry.*
- Represented Rockwell Collins, Inc. in its sale of its subsidiary, Kaiser Optical Systems, Inc., a leader in spectrographic instrumentation and applied holographic technology, to Endress+Hauser (International) Holding AG.*
- Represented Rockwell Collins, Inc. in its sale of Rockwell Collins Satellite Communications Services, Inc. and its satellite communications business, to DPII Holdings LLC.*
Capital Markets/Debt Experience
- Represented the placement agent and institutional investors in the private placement of $150 million of notes by a sovereign nation.*
- Represented Rockwell Collins, Inc. in its registered public debt offering of $300 million of notes due 2016, $400 million of notes due 2023 and $400 million of Notes due 2043 in order to finance a portion of the consideration of its $1.39 billion acquisition of ARINC Incorporated.*
- Represented Meritor, Inc. in its registered public debt offering of $275 million of notes due 2021 and its concurrent tender offer to purchase its outstanding notes due 2015.*
- Represented Meritor, Inc. in its issuance of $250 million principal amount at maturity of convertible senior notes in a Rule 144A offering and the concurrent private repurchase of $245 million principal amount of outstanding senior convertible notes.*
Other Corporate Experience
- Represented a leading, publicly traded power generation and infrastructure company in connection with the restructuring of its U.S. and Canadian operations.*
- Represented a global innovative technology and data sciences corporation in connection with the restructuring of its U.S. operations.*
- Advised a leading insurance company in M&A representations and warranties insurance transactions.*
Please note that representations with an asterisk (*) were completed prior to joining Ropes & Gray LLP.