Patrick S. Dorime
Patrick Dorime is a nimble and versatile deal lawyer who advises sponsors and their portfolio companies on private equity transactions, many involving companies in distressed and special situations. With a background in public company work and M&A, Patrick has amassed years of experience with acquisitions, dispositions, securities law compliance and capital markets financings. Today he leads clients across industries through mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, equity investments and other general corporate matters. Patrick also works closely with the firm’s restructuring group to offer a corporate perspective for clients undergoing restructuring, reorganization or other distressed or special situations.
A natural problem solver, Patrick enjoys working with clients and counterparties to come up with creative solutions to complicated issues that arise in deal-making. He is also commended by clients and colleagues for his calming presence in negotiations, as well as his exceptional ability to read the room. He brings these strengths to counseling clients in many industries, including health care, technology, energy and infrastructure, aviation, manufacturing, chemicals and industrial services.
- Representing Annaly Capital Management in the sale of its commercial real estate business.
- Represented Avista Capital Partners in the acquisition of NATURELO® by its portfolio company Arcadia Consumer Healthcare.
- Represented Avista Capital Partners in the purchase of the U.S. rights to the Kaopectate® brand from Sanofi by its portfolio company Arcadia Consumer Healthcare.
- Represented CCMP Capital in the sale of the Performance Materials business by its portfolio company PQ Corporation.
- Represented Elliott Management in its equity investment in CenterPoint Energy.
- Represented Fidelity Investments in collaboration with Vanguard, Alight Solutions and Retirement Clearinghouse (RCH) in creating a consortium of workplace retirement plan recordkeepers, Portability Services Network, LLC, to accelerate the nationwide adoption of auto portability to help America’s under-served and under-saved workers improve their retirement outcomes.
- Represented Invesco Credit Partners in the acquisition of Alert 360 by its portfolio company My Alarm Center.
- Represented Kohlberg & Co. in the acquisition of Pure Power Technologies by its portfolio company Stanadyne.
- Represented Kohlberg & Co. in its acquisition of Sara Lee® Frozen Bakery.
- Represented Lyric Capital Group in the recapitalization of the Spirit Music Group.
- Represented Marucci Sports in its sale to Compass Diversified Holdings.
- Represented Morgan Stanley Tactical Value in its investment in OneTeam Partners.
- Represented Sixth Street Partners in its majority investment in Legends.
- Represented TOMS Shoes and certain affiliated entities in their out-of-court recapitalization.
- Represented Vista Equity Partners in the sale of DealerSocket, its portfolio company.
- Represented Welsh Carson, Anderson & Stowe in a joint venture with Humana’s CenterWell Senior Primary Care.
- Represented Welsh Carson, Anderson & Stowe in the recapitalization of Shields Health Solutions in which Walgreen Co. acquired a majority stake.
- Represented Wirecard Acquiring & Issuing GmbH, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Wirecard AG, on the sale of North Lane Technologies (f/k/a Wirecard North America).
- Represented an asset management firm in connection with an out-of-court recapitalization of a media entertainment company.
- Represented a private equity firm in connection with an out-of-court recapitalization of a food services company.
- Represented a hedge fund in connection with its majority investment in a joint venture providing financing solutions to executives and key shareholders.
- Represented a leading aviation and defense company in its sale of its marine weather forecasting business.*
- Represented Standard Solar, Inc., a U.S. developer of commercial and industrial solar projects, in its sale of the company to Gaz Métro.*
- Represented Southern Cross Latin America Private Equity Fund IV, L.P., a private equity fund which targets investments in Latin America, in its acquisition of Getronics LATAM, a leading provider of information, communication and technology services in Latin America, from OpenGate Capital.*
- Represented a renewable energy company, operating in emerging markets, in growth capital transactions and the negotiation of its shareholders agreement.*
- Represented Macquarie Infrastructure Partners Inc. in its acquisition of the 512 MW Bayonne Energy Center gas-fired electric power generation facility from ArcLight.*
- Represented Southern Cross Latin America Private Equity Fund IV, L.P., in its acquisition of Grupo Expansión, a media company and former subsidiary of Time Inc.*
- Represented World Fuel Services Corporation in its acquisition of Colt International, LLC, a global leader in the business aviation industry.*
- Represented Rockwell Collins, Inc. in its sale of its subsidiary, Kaiser Optical Systems, Inc., a leader in spectrographic instrumentation and applied holographic technology, to Endress+Hauser (International) Holding AG.*
- Represented Rockwell Collins, Inc. in its sale of Rockwell Collins Satellite Communications Services, Inc. and its satellite communications business, to DPII Holdings LLC.*
- Represented the placement agent and institutional investors in the private placement of $150 million of notes by a sovereign nation.*
- Represented Rockwell Collins, Inc. in its registered public debt offering of $300 million of notes due 2016, $400 million of notes due 2023 and $400 million of Notes due 2043 in order to finance a portion of the consideration of its $1.39 billion acquisition of ARINC Incorporated.*
- Represented Meritor, Inc. in its registered public debt offering of $275 million of notes due 2021 and its concurrent tender offer to purchase its outstanding notes due 2015.*
- Represented Meritor, Inc. in its issuance of $250 million principal amount at maturity of convertible senior notes in a Rule 144A offering and the concurrent private repurchase of $245 million principal amount of outstanding senior convertible notes.*
- Represented a leading, publicly traded power generation and infrastructure company in connection with the restructuring of its U.S. and Canadian operations.*
- Represented a global innovative technology and data sciences corporation in connection with the restructuring of its U.S. operations.*
- Advised a leading insurance company in M&A representations and warranties insurance transactions.*
*Please note that representations with an asterisk (*) were completed prior to joining Ropes & Gray LLP.
- Co-author, “In Search of Financing: Sponsors Willing to Seek Debt,” Mondaq (November 23, 2022)
- JD, Fordham University School of Law, 2012
- BA, New York University, 2009
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 2012
- New York Super Lawyers Rising Star (2015-2021)