Priyambada Das joined the finance group in 2020. Prior to joining the firm, Priyambada has practiced banking & finance law in India with some of the leading Indian law firms.
During her India practice, she worked on a variety of finance law matters including bond issuances (domestic and overseas issuances), structured financing, term loan, infrastructure and project financing, both renewable and non-renewable energy projects, debt restructuring, demerger and general corporate financing. The sectors extensively worked on includes roads, solar power, wind power, hydropower, gas pipelines, transmission lines, ports, thermal power etc.
Priyambada has earned an LL.B. degree from NALSAR University of Law Hyderabad, India and an LL.M. degree from Harvard Law School, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA. The focus of her LL.M. was on Commercial Transaction (Secured Credit Transactions), Bankruptcy, Corporate Reorganization and Business Valuation and Strategy Analysis.
- Acted in the one of the largest debenture issuances by value in India (approximately $2 billion) for two of the largest Indian private commercial banks for issuance of debentures by an infrastructure investment trust, a Brookfield entity to finance the operations and maintenance of the gas pipeline business*
- Acted for Asian Development Bank in first of its kind program to be implemented in India for the development and implementation of their bond program in India involving issuance of capital market instrument by a micro-finance institution in the form of bonds secured or backed by micro-finance loans with credit enhancement by ADB*
- Acted for an Indian scheduled commercial bank in relation to the financing availed by an Indian subsidiary of Engie Global Development B.V. for setting up of a wind power project in India.*
- Acted for Statkraft AS in relation to the refinancing and restructuring of the existing facilities availed by NSL Tidong Power Generation Private Limited, an Indian hydropower company, upon acquisition by Statkraft AS*
- Advised an Indian biosciences company in relation to the credit facility (of approximately $400 million) availed by one of its group company from The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to support the development, production and distribution of animal health drugs, vaccines and other products and to ensure availability at an affordable price to smallholder farmers*
DisclaimerRopes & Gray International LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in Delaware, United States of America and is a recognised body regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (with registered number 521000).
- LLM, Harvard Law School, 2020; High Pass in Commercial Transactions- Secured Credit
- BA, LLB (Hons), NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad, India, 2014; Graduated at the top of the Class of 2014, Received 11 Gold Medals from the then Hon’ble President of India in 2014 including for First Position/Rank in the Annual Examination (for each academic year and overall), Best Student for Overall Excellence and for securing the highest marks in various law papers including Constitutional Law, Labour Law and in all the Clinic courses
Admissions / Qualifications
- Bihar State Bar Council, India, 2020