Rebecca H. Dorfan
Rebecca Dorfan is an associate practicing in Ropes & Gray’s real estate investments & transactions group. She represents private equity clients, investors, hedge funds and other financial institutions in a wide variety of commercial real estate matters including acquisitions and dispositions, co-investments, financings and the formation of joint ventures for real estate investments.
Prior to joining the firm in 2014, Rebecca interned at the United States Securities & Exchange Commission in the Division of Corporation Finance and in the White House Office of Legislative Affairs.
- Representation of an international life insurance company in the recapitalization of more than $1 billion of commercial office and multifamily real estate assets located throughout the United States, including negotiation of multiple purchase and sale agreements for assets in the portfolio.
- Represents public and private investment clients in the negotiation of master repurchase facilities and note-on-note facilities to finance commercial real estate loans secured by real estate in the United States, the United Kingdom and Europe, as well as the individual financing of such loans under the various repurchase facilities (over $1.3 billion to date).
- Representation of Bain Capital Real Estate in the negotiation of a programmatic joint venture and ongoing representation in acquisitions, development and financings of real estate assets across the United States on the platform.
- Representation of a global private markets investment manager in the negotiation of multiple joint venture agreements in connection with the recapitalization of more than $300 million of real estate assets located in the western United States.
- Representation of a publicly traded REIT in connection with the acquisition and financing of a $4 billion loan portfolio secured by real estate across the United States and Europe.
- David Djaha, Laurie C. Nelson, Matthew J. Stoller and Rebecca H. Dorfan, “Commercial real estate in the United States: overview,” Practical Law Global Guide 2015/16 (November 2015)