Rebecca H. Dorfan
Rebecca Dorfan is an associate practicing in Ropes & Gray’s real estate investments & transactions group. She represents private equity clients, institutional investors, public and private REITs and other financial institutions in a wide variety of commercial real estate matters including acquisitions and dispositions, co-investments, financings and the formation of joint ventures for real estate investments. Rebecca also represents clients in the commercial real estate aspects of corporate transactions, including private equity mergers and acquisitions and corporate restructurings and refinancings. Rebecca has served as a member of the group’s Training Committee since 2015.
Prior to joining the firm in 2014, Rebecca interned at the United States Securities & Exchange Commission in the Division of Corporation Finance and in the White House Office of Legislative Affairs.
- Representation of a global private markets investment manager in the negotiation of multiple joint venture agreements in connection with the recapitalization of more than $300 million of real estate assets located in the western United States.
- Representation of an international life insurance company in the recapitalization of more than $1 billion of commercial office, retail and multifamily real estate assets located throughout the United States, including negotiation of multiple purchase and sale agreements for assets in the portfolio.
- Representation of Bain Capital Real Estate in the negotiation of a programmatic joint venture and ongoing representation in acquisitions, development, financings and ground leasing of real estate assets across the United States on the platform.
- Represents public and private investment clients in the negotiation of master repurchase facilities and note-on-note facilities to acquire and finance commercial real estate loans secured by real estate in the United States, the United Kingdom and Europe, as well as the individual financing of such loans under the various repurchase facilities (over $5.7 billion to date).
- Representation of The Quad Preparatory School pro bono in the negotiation of a commercial lease of approximately 50,000 square feet in downtown Manhattan for a new Upper School; honoree at the School’s 2019 Founder’s Gala.
- David Djaha, Laurie C. Nelson, Matthew J. Stoller and Rebecca H. Dorfan, “Commercial real estate in the United States: overview,” Practical Law Global Guide 2015/16 (November 2015)
- JD, cum laude, University of Michigan Law School, 2014; articles editor, Michigan Business & Entrepreneurial Law Review
- BA (Psychology), with highest distinction, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 2010; Phi Beta Kappa