Ryan Duerring joined Ropes & Gray in 2017 as an associate in the real estate investments & transactions group. Ryan focuses his practice on real estate finance transactions, joint ventures and co-investments, acquisitions and dispositions of real estate assets and commercial leasing.
Ryan also has experience representing lenders and borrowers in a wide variety of commercial lending transactions, including secured and unsecured financings, acquisition and leveraged financings and asset-based financings.
During law school, Ryan served as President of the Real Estate Law Association and as a judicial extern for Chief Justice Maureen O’Connor of the Supreme Court of Ohio.
Prior to joining the firm, Ryan was an associate in the finance practice group at a large law firm in New York.
- Representation of many leading publicly traded mortgage REITs and private real estate debt funds in negotiating and closing over $5 billion in master repurchase facilities, note-on-note facilities and secured warehouse facilities across from multiple major banks and insurance companies to finance commercial real estate loans secured by real estate in the United States.
- Ongoing representation of a major New York based investment fund in the creation of joint ventures with various regional operating partners and the subsequent acquisition and financing of multiple office, hotel and resort properties and distressed loan purchases in major markets throughout the Southeast, Southwest and West coast.
- Representation of one of the largest life sciences REITs in the United States, the largest private owner of life science office buildings in the U.S., in its $300 million acquisition of two adjacent office towers in the South End of Boston with the project planned to provide over 500 thousand square feet of mixed-use space focused on life-sciences technology, lab and R&D.
- Representation of the credit and distressed investment platform of one of the largest global private investment firms in the private purchase of a non-performing mortgage loan secured by a mixed-use commercial property from a syndicate of financial institutions and the ultimate acquisition of the property through a deed-in-lieu transaction.
- JD, The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, 2014; Staff Editor, The Ohio State Law Journal ; Public Service Fellow
- BA (Psychology, Criminal Justice), Indiana University, 2011
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 2015
- Best Lawyers in America – Ones to Watch (2024)