Sally N. Davis
Sally Davis joined Ropes & Gray in 2013 and is an associate practicing in the real estate investments & transactions group. She has represented private equity clients, investors, hedge funds and other financial institutions in a wide variety of transactional real estate matters, including the negotiation of complex joint ventures for real estate investments and related acquisitions, dispositions, financings and recapitalizations. Sally routinely advises clients with respect to land use and zoning matters and has also represented several non-profit organizations in connection with their owned and leased real estate assets.
- Representation of a capital partner in a joint venture with respect to the venture’s acquisition of an office building in New York City (to be re-developed into a mixed-use retail and residential condo project, consisting of approximately 220 residential units and approximately 40,000 net sellable square feet of retail space) for a purchase price of $88 million, as well as the related negotiation of acquisition and construction financing for $180 million.
- Representation of an institutional investor in the $330 million acquisition of a 423,000-square foot office building in New York City, including negotiation of bridge financing for $220 million.
- Representation of a capital partner in a joint venture with respect to the venture’s sale of a portfolio of 21 apartment complexes in and around Midland County, Texas for nearly $300 million.
- Representation of an institutional investor in a joint venture for the $96 million acquisition and development of property located in Doral, Florida (prior site of the “Doral White Course” golf course) to be developed into a residential community, with commercial/mixed use components.
- Ongoing representation of an early stage real estate operating partner and developer managing multiple classes of assets throughout the United States.
- Representation of Codman Academy Foundation pro bono in the conveyance, leasing and development of a school facility in Dorchester, Massachusetts.
- Representation of The Boston Ballet, Inc. pro bono, in connection with the leasing of a school and studio facility in Needham, Massachusetts.
- Co-Author, “Commercial Real Estate in the United States,” Practical Law (November 2017)
- Co-Author, “Selling to Your Operating Partner,” Real Estate Fund Manager (September 2015)