Sameer Desai joined Ropes & Gray's corporate department in 2021.
During law school, Sameer served as an editorial board member of the Boston College Law Review and as a treasurer of the Environmental Law Society. Sameer also worked in the Boston College Civil Litigation Law Clinic working with indigent clients in securing housing. Prior to law school, Sameer worked at a global pharmaceutical company providing compliance and data security services.
- Represented CANbridge Pharmaceuticals, a China-based biopharmaceutical company, in connection with its exclusive license agreement with UMass Medical School relating to the development and commercialization of a novel second-generation gene therapy for treatment of spinal muscular atrophy (SMA).
- Co-author, “Key Negotiating Points in Academic IP Licenses,” Practical Law Intellectual Property & Technology (December 30, 2022)
- JD, cum laude, Boston College Law School, 2021; Senior Editor, Boston College Law Review
- BA (Economics), cum laude, Boston University, 2015
- BS (Business Administration), cum laude, Boston University, 2015
Admissions / Qualifications
- Massachusetts, 2021