Sarah Dunn Davis
Sarah Davis focuses her practice on representing companies and investment banks in a broad range of domestic and cross-border transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, minority investments and other strategic transactions.
Sarah rejoined Ropes & Gray in 2021, having previously served as Vice President and Senior Counsel at Affiliated Managers Group, Inc. (AMG), a publicly traded global asset management company.
Sarah was a mergers and acquisitions associate at the firm from 2014 – 2015; prior to that, she was an associate in the corporate department of a New York-based law firm.
- Represented The Vistria Group in connection with the sale of a minority stake to Hunter Point Capital and ADQ.
- Represented Galderma in connection with its sale of Alchemee (formerly The Proactiv Company) to Taro Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Represented Altimeter Growth Corp. in its $40 billion business combination with Grab Holdings (and related $4 billion PIPE).
- Represented iCapital Network in its acquisition of Axio Financial.
- Represented Pfizer in its acquisition of a minority interest (with option to acquire company) in AM-Pharma B.V., a Dutch clinical stage biopharmaceutical company.
- Represented IBM in its acquisition of The Now Factory, an Ireland-based provider of analytics software.*
- Represented Alliant Techsystems Inc., an aerospace, defense and sporting goods company, in its acquisition of Bushnell Group Holdings, a designer and distributor of outdoor accessories.*
- Profiled, “The American Lawyer’s 2022 Dealmakers of the Year,” The American Lawyer (March 28, 2022)
- Cited, “Legal Industry Updates,” The National Law Review (March 11, 2021)
- Cited, “Law Firm News: M&A Counsel Join Ropes & Gray,” Boston Bar Association (March 8, 2021)
- Cited, “Hire Up: After M&A Rebound, Big Law Stocks Up on Deal Lawyers,” The American Lawyer and Law.com (March 5, 2021)
- Cited, “Industry Moves,” Reuters (March 4, 2021)
- Co-author, “Court rules on failure to include management presentations in proxy statement,” International Law Office’s Corporate/M&A Newsletter (December 17, 2014)
- JD, magna cum laude, University of Kentucky College of Law, 2008; Order of the Coif; editor-in-chief, Kentucky Law Journal
- BA (English), with Distinction, University of Virginia, 2004
Admissions / Qualifications
- Massachusetts, 2014
- New York, 2009
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- The American Lawyer “Dealmakers of the Year” (2022)
- Lawdragon 500 - Leading Dealmakers in America (2022)