Sean Darling’s practice focuses on a broad range of international corporate and financial transactions with a focus on leveraged and acquisition financing transactions. Sean joined Ropes & Gray in 2018 having previously worked at another international law firm in London and Hong Kong.
- Advised Altice in connection with obtaining stapled financing commitments and the entry into €1.9 billion senior secured credit facilities to finance the deployment of fibre-to-the-home infrastructure by SFR FTTH
- Advised BidFair on the financing for its US$3.7 billion acquisition of Sotheby’s
- Advised Skandinaviska Enskilda Banken (SEB) in connection with a €1.8 billion super-senior revolving facility and SEK 2 billion senior secured revolving facility refinancing for Intrum AB (publ)
- Acting for PG Impact Investments in relation to its senior and mezzanine financing to Tugende, a Ugandan based provider of lease-to-own financing to the financially excluded
Notable transactions in which Sean has been involved prior to joining the firm include:
- Advised Alpha Capital Partners on the €350 million leveraged buyout of European insulation business Ipcom
- Advised Brazil’s national development bank in its US$1 billion Green Bond offering
- Advised Spanish gaming group Codere on the issuance of €865 million high-yield bonds and €95 million super senior revolving credit facility
- Advised Loxam S.A. in its €850 million high-yield bond take-out for its bid for Lavendon Group PLC
DisclaimerRopes & Gray International LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in Delaware, United States of America and is a recognised body regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (with registered number 521000).
- LLB, Trinity College Dublin, 2011
- MSc, University of Oxford, Lincoln College, 2013
- LPC, University of Law, London, 2014