Sean Darling’s practice focuses on a broad range of international corporate and financial transactions with a focus on leveraged and acquisition financing transactions and bespoke structures. Sean joined Ropes & Gray in 2018 having previously worked at another international law firm in London and Hong Kong.
Sean spent one year on secondment to Partners Group (2020/2021) negotiating, structuring and executing private debt, special situations, infrastructure, co-investment, impact, fund financing, minority and growth equity transactions.
Sean has a particular interest in ESG and sustainable deal structures and mechanics.
- Advised Altice in connection with obtaining stapled financing commitments and the entry into €1.9 billion senior secured credit facilities to finance the deployment of fibre-to-the-home infrastructure by SFR FTTH
- Advised BidFair on the financing for its US$3.7 billion acquisition of Sotheby’s
- Advised Skandinaviska Enskilda Banken (SEB) in connection with a €1.8 billion super-senior revolving facility and SEK 2 billion senior secured revolving facility refinancing for Intrum AB (publ)
- Acting for Blue Earth Capital (Formerly PG Impact Investments) in relation to its senior and mezzanine financing to Tugende, a Ugandan-based provider of lease-to-own financing to the financially excluded
- A family office on the €500 million acquisition, development and financing of one of the world’s largest data centres and its associated letting to a major international tech company
- Debt to equity convertible instruments in the tech sector
Notable transactions in which Sean has been involved prior to joining the firm include:
- Advised Alpha Capital Partners on the €350 million leveraged buyout of European insulation business Ipcom
- Advised Brazil’s national development bank in its US$1 billion Green Bond offering
- Advised Spanish gaming group Codere on the issuance of €865 million high-yield bonds and €95 million super senior revolving credit facility
- Advised Loxam S.A. in its €850 million high-yield bond take-out for its bid for Lavendon Group PLC
DisclaimerRopes & Gray International LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in Delaware, United States of America and is a recognised body regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (with registered number 521000).
- Certificate (Climate Change: Financial Risks and Opportunities), ImperialBusinessX, 2020
- LPC, University of Law, London, 2014
- MSc, University of Oxford, Lincoln College, 2013
- LLB, Trinity College Dublin, 2011
Admissions / Qualifications
- England and Wales, Solicitor, 2016