Tom is counsel in the firm's securities and public companies group. Tom regularly represents publicly traded companies as well as private equity funds and their portfolio companies in public offerings, Rule 144A/Reg S financings and other strategic transactions. In addition, he advises clients on securities law compliance and general corporate matters. His clients have included Affiliated Managers Group, Party City, Paratek Pharmaceuticals, Zai Labs, Vapotherm, Verastem, Alibaba, J.P. Morgan, TPG Capital, and Thomas H. Lee Partners.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Tom worked as a CPA at Ernst & Young where he primarily focused on public company financial statement audits and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- Represented Zai Lab Limited, a Shanghai-based biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering, licensing, developing and commercializing therapeutics in China, in its $172.5 million initial public offering of American depositary shares on Nasdaq.
- Represented Mattress Firm, the largest US specialty mattress retailer, in connection with its $4 billion sale to Steinhoff International.
- Represented Alibaba in its $1.4 billion investment in ZTO Express, a China-based company listed on the NYSE.
- Represented Becton Dickinson in its divestiture of its sterile injectable business to Fresenius Kabi.
- Represented Party City, a portfolio company of Thomas H. Lee Partners, in its $400 million initial public offering.
- Represented Thomas H. Lee Partners in multiple secondary sales of common stock of Party City.
- Represented Vapotherm, Inc. in its $64 million initial public offering.
- Represented underwriters, led by Morgan Stanley, in Sabre Corporation's $675 million initial public offering and multiple secondary offerings by selling stock holders.
- Represented TPG in a $490 million Rule 144A/Reg S notes offering to finance its acquisition of Par Pharmaceutical Companies, Inc., a leading pharmaceutical company specializing in generic and branded prescription drugs.
- Represented Paratek in its $165 million convertible notes offering and multiple equity follow-on offerings.
- Represented Verastem in its $150 million convertible notes offering and multiple equity follow-on offerings.
- Represented underwriters, led by J.P. Morgan, Bank of America and Cowen, in the $174 million follow-on offering of Rhythm Pharmaceuticals.
- Represented West Corporation in connection with its issuance of $1 billion senior notes.
- Represented J.W. Childs Associates in multiple offerings of common stock of Mattress Firm.
- Represented Genocea Biosciences, Inc. in its $66 million initial public offering and multiple follow-on offerings.
- Represented underwriters, led by Barclays and J.P.Morgan, in the $114 million initial public offering of M/A-COM Technology Solutions Holdings, a leading provider of high performance analog semiconductor solutions.
- Represented Green Mountain Power Corporation in its $218 million bond exchange offer in connection with its merger with Central Vermont Public Service Corporation.