Tom is a partner in the firm’s securities and public companies group. Tom regularly represents publicly traded companies, underwriters and private equity funds and their portfolio companies in initial public offerings, follow-on and secondary public offerings, Rule 144A/Reg S financings and other strategic transactions. In addition, he advises clients on securities law compliance and general corporate matters. His clients have included Paratek Pharmaceuticals, Zai Lab, Beam Therapeutics, Vapotherm, Verastem, Provention Bio, Alibaba, Goldman Sachs, J.P. Morgan, Morgan Stanley, Jefferies, Cowen, TPG Capital and Thomas H. Lee Partners.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Tom worked as a CPA at Ernst & Young where he primarily focused on public company financial statement audits and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
Representative Clients and Matters
- Zai Lab Limited in its $172 million IPO of American depositary shares on Nasdaq
- Beam Therapeutics, Inc. in its $207 million initial public offering, $120 million equity follow-on offering and $260 million PIPE financing
- Vapotherm, Inc. in its $64 million initial public offering and subsequent $45 million and $100 million equity follow-on offerings
- Genocea Biosciences, Inc. in its $66 million initial public offering, multiple follow-on offerings and multiple PIPE transactions
- Supernus Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in its $50 million initial public offering
- MiNK Therapeutics, Inc. in its proposed initial public offering
- Party City, a portfolio company of Thomas H. Lee Partners, in its $400 million initial public offering and multiple secondary offerings by selling stockholders
- Underwriters in the $160 million initial public offering of Acumen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Underwriters in the $58 million initial public offering of Codiak Biosciences, Inc. and subsequent $66 million follow-on offering
- Underwriters in the $70 million initial public offering Proteon Therapeutics, Inc.
- Underwriters in the $675 million initial public offering of Sabre Corporate and multiple secondary offerings by selling stockholders
- Underwriters in the $114 million initial public offering of M/A-COM Technologies Solutions Holdings
- Provention Bio in its $100 million equity follow-on offering
- Paratek Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in multiple equity follow-on offerings and its $165 million convertible note offering
- Verastem Oncology in multiple equity follow-on offering, its $150 million convertible note offering and subsequent exchange offering for the convertible notes
- Underwriters in equity follow-on offerings or note offerings of Rhythm Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Seres Therapeutics, Inc, Insmed Inc., Ocular Therapeutix, Inc, Cerevel Therapeutics, Inc. and Organogenesis Holdings, Inc.
- Mattress Firm in connection with multiple secondary offerings by selling stockholders and in its $4 billion sale to Steinhoff International
- Becton Dickinson in its divestiture of its sterile injectable business to Fresenius Kabi
- TPG in a $490 million notes offering to finance the acquisition of Par Pharmaceutical Companies, Inc.
- West Corporation in connection with its $1 billion senior notes offering
- JD, George Mason University School of Law, 2009; senior staff, Federal Circuit Bar Journal
- BAccy, The George Washington University, 2002
Admissions / Qualifications
- Massachusetts, 2010
- Legal 500 (2020)