F. Walton Dumas
Walton joined the firm in 2019 as a senior associate in the private equity transactions group, where he focuses his practice on the representation of sponsors and strategic investors in the structuring and negotiation of leveraged buyouts, cross-border transactions, public and private mergers and acquisitions, and other direct investments. He also advises clients on corporate governance, securities law, compliance and other general corporate matters. Prior to joining the firm, Walton was an associate in the New York and London offices of a large New York law firm, where he focused primarily on public and private mergers and acquisitions and securities law matters.
Walton graduated as a James Kent Scholar from Columbia Law School and served as a law clerk to Judge Ralph K. Winter on the second circuit court of appeals.
- Represented Insight Enterprises, Inc. in its take private of formerly Nasdaq listed PCM, Inc.*
- Represented Altor Equity Partners in the sale by auction of Orchid Othopedic Solutions*
- Represented Rhône Capital on the take private of formerly Nasdaq listed Fogo de Chão, Inc.*
- Represented Rhône Capital on the acquisition of Zodiac Pool Solutions SAS*
- Represented a global investment management organisation in connection with its investment in Asurion*
- Represented Northstar Realty Finance Corp. in the spinoff of the asset management portion of its business as Northstar Asset Management Group and in numerous equity offerings.*
*Represents work performed prior to working for Ropes & Gray.
- JD, Columbia Law School, 2012; James Kent Scholar
- BA (Math and Economics), Emory University, 2007; Richard F. Muth prize for excellence in economics