F. Walton Dumas
Walton guides private equity sponsors and corporates in complex leveraged buyouts, public and private mergers and acquisitions and other direct investments, and also corporate governance and securities matters. His experience also includes advising private equity investors in large-cap investments.
Walton graduated as a James Kent Scholar from Columbia Law School and served as a law clerk to Judge Ralph K. Winter on the second circuit court of appeals.
- GI Partners in:
- its take-private of GTY Technology, a NASDAQ-listed SaaS company offering a cloud-based suite of solutions for North American state and local governments.
- its partial secondary sale of Daxko, a software and integrated payments provider for the health, fitness and wellness industries, to Genstar Capital.
- Golden Gate Capital in its sale of the majority of its interest in Ensemble Health Partners, a provider of technology-enabled revenue cycle management services for health systems, to a consortium of buyers, including Berkshire Partners and Warburg Pincus.
- Golden Gate Capital portfolio company Tidal Wave Auto Spa in its acquisition of W4 Express Wash, a provider of car wash services.
- Genstar Capital portfolio company Alera Group, an insurance brokerage and wealth management firm, in its merger with Propel Insurance.
- Baring Private Equity in its carve-out sale of Lumenis’ surgical business to Boston Scientific.
- Silver Lake in:
- its participation in a $2.5 billion investment round in Waymo, Alphabet Inc.’s self-driving car unit.
- as lead investor in a $319 million Series C financing round in Vacasa, a vacation rental management platform.
- Gilead Sciences, Inc. in:
- its $1.74 billion exclusive option to acquire Pionyr Immunotherapeutics Inc., consisting of the acquisition by Gilead of a 49.9% equity interest in Pionyr for $275 million, an option for Gilead to acquire the remaining equity interests of Pionyr for $315 million, and up to $1.15 billion of potential future milestone payments to Pionyr equityholders.
- its $1.55 billion exclusive option to acquire Tizona Therapeutics, Inc., consisting of the acquisition by Gilead of a 49.9% equity interest in Tizona for $300 million, and an option for Gilead to acquire the remaining equity interests of Tizona for up to $1.25 billion of potential option fees and future milestone payments to Tizona equityholders.
- Asklepios BioPharmaceutical, a biotechnology company specializing in gene therapies, in its $2 billion sale to Bayer, a Germany-based pharmaceutical and life sciences company.
- JD, Columbia Law School, 2012; James Kent Scholar
- BA (Math and Economics), Emory University, 2007; Richard F. Muth prize for excellence in economics
Admissions / Qualifications
- California, 2020
- New York, 2014