David S. Elkind
David focused his practice on bankruptcy litigation; securities and other business litigation; and the representation of creditors, committees and debtors in bankruptcy and reorganization matters.
In the area of Bankruptcy & Business Restructuring, David represented creditors, committees and debtors in connection with a variety of matters, including litigation of fraudulent conveyance claims arising out of leveraged buyouts and other transactions, litigation of disputes under provisions of the Bankruptcy Code, preference litigation, and other bankruptcy matters. David also represented private equity firms in connection with the restructuring of their portfolio companies and parties acquiring assets through Chapter 11 plans and Section 363 acquisitions. In the area of corporate and commercial litigation, David’s practice included securities litigation, contract litigation, litigation relating to merger and shareholder agreements, and arbitration.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, David was a partner of Reboul MacMurray Hewitt & Maynard.
- Representation of the indenture trustee and administrative agent for the $740 million of CalGen Second Lien debt in litigations in the Calpine Chapter 11 cases.
- Representation of Bank of America in the “MegaClaim” litigation brought by the debtors in the Enron Chapter 11 proceedings.
- Representation of purchasers of bank debt in the “transferee” litigation brought in the Enron Chapter 11 cases.
- Representation of Genuity in litigation against Verizon in the Genuity Chapter 11 proceedings.
- Representation of a private equity firm in securities litigation
- Representation of a major accounting firm in a variety of matter.
- Representation of the Examiner in the Global Crossing Chapter 11 proceedings.