James Evelegh joined the corporate and private equity transactions group of Ropes & Gray’s London office as an associate in 2017. Prior to joining the firm, James trained at the London office of an international firm with a strong focus on corporate acquisitions and private equity.
James has a range of experience acting for private equity clients on acquisitions and disposals.
- Acting for Avenue Capital on its disposal of Hawthorn Leisure, a chain of managed and tenanted pubs in the UK
- Acting for Duke Street Capital on the acquisition of Great Rail Journeys, the world’s leading provider of escorted rail journeys
- Acting for Baring Private Equity Asia on its and PAI Partners’ acquisition of World Freight Company International, the global leader in the General Sales and Service Agent market
- Acting for Bain Capital in connection with:
- the acquisition of NGA UK, a UK payroll and HR business from NGA Human Resources
- the acquisition of Benefex, an HR technology business
- Acting for Silverfleet Capital on the acquisition of Riviera Travel, a leading specialist holiday operator of European escorted tours and cruises
Experience prior to joining Ropes & Gray:
- Advised a private equity sponsor on its acquisition of an international health foods business.
- Advised a private equity sponsor on its acquisition of a large film studios operator.
- Advised a private equity sponsor on its bolt on acquisition of an outdoors maintenance business.
- Advised a private equity sponsor on its bolt on acquisition of a domestic cleaning business.
- Advised a private equity sponsor on its acquisition of a hospitality software business.