Jennifer S. Ewing
Jennifer Ewing is a partner in the private client group. Jennifer’s practice encompasses a wide variety of trusts and estates matters, including estate planning, trust administration and estate settlement. She works with high net worth clients, including private equity principals, corporate executives, entrepreneurs and families with generational wealth, on developing tax-efficient estate plans that also meet their personal, non-tax goals. Jennifer advises clients regarding the use of sophisticated estate planning techniques to aid with the accumulation, preservation and transfer of wealth. She works closely with family offices, investment advisors, financial planners and accountants to ensure that each client’s unique needs are met. She also advises colleges, universities and other non-profit institutions regarding the implementation of planned giving arrangements.
Jennifer is currently a member of the professional advisor’s committee at The Boston Foundation. She has lectured on a wide range of trusts and estates topics at programs sponsored by the Boston Bar Association and Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education (MCLE).
- Assisted private equity directors in transferring carried interests to family trusts for the benefit of future generations
- Coordinated establishment of family limited liability company for director of publicly traded company
- Developed and implemented successful gift program involving GRATs, coupled with post-GRAT GST tax planning
- Assisted client in maximizing transfers to subsequent generations through program of lifetime gifts and sales to family trust
- Advised client on structuring estate plan to provide for spouse and children from a previous marriage in a tax-efficient manner
- Worked with donor and community foundation to create a unique and highly individualized succession plan for a donor-advised fund to ensure subsequent generations’ involvement in charitable endeavors while maintaining community foundation oversight of the funds
- “Trust Funding Issues,” MCLE presentation (October 2015)
- “Advising Clients About Portability and Lifetime Gift Planning in 2014),” MCLE presentation (June 2014)
- “Estate, Gift and GST Tax Basics for the New Estate Planner,” Boston Bar Association (October 2013)
- “Introduction to Wills, Health Care Proxies and Powers of Attorney,” Boston Bar Association (July 2013)