Tristan Evans-Wilent is an associate in the New York office of Ropes & Gray. Tristan has a broad-based tax practice, with an emphasis on advising private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies and other private companies in connection with the tax consequences arising from a variety of transactions, including acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, dispositions, going private transactions and minority investments, both domestic and cross-border. Tristan also advises clients on the tax aspects of securities issuances and bankruptcy and restructuring.
- Represented TPG Capital and Francisco Partners in their acquisition of Boomi from Dell Technologies.
- Represented TPG Capital in its investment in DirecTV with AT&T Inc.
- Represented American Industrial Partners in its acquisition of Domtar Corporation’s Personal Care business for $920 million.
- Represented Asklepios BioPharmaceutical on its pending sale to Bayer AG for upfront consideration of $2 billion and potential success-based milestone payments of up to $2 billion.
- Represented Gilead Sciences Inc. in its acquisition of an option to acquire Tizona Therapeutics in a deal valued up to $1.5 billion and its acquisition of an option to acquire Pionyr Immunotherapeutics in a transactions valued up to $1.74 billion.
- Represented Summit Partners and Silversmith Capital Partners in the $1.2 billion sale of LifeStance Health to TPG Capital.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Tristan represented clients in several noteworthy transactions, including:
- AssuredPartners and Apax in the sale of AssuredPartners to an investor group led by GTCR.
- Apax Funds in their acquisition of Thoughtworks, Inc.
- Baring Private Equity Asia in its investment in Prometric.
- Starr Investment Holdings, LLC on its investment in Radiology Partners, the largest radiology practice in the U.S., for approximately $700 million.
- Altas Partners in the pending sale of Capital Vision Services, LP (operating under the “MyEyeDr Brand”) to the Merchant Banking Division of Goldman Sachs.
- Colfax Corporation on its sale of its Air and Gas Handling Business to KPS Capital Partners for $1.8 billion.
- TA Associates in its sale of a majority interest in Aldevron to EQT Partners.
- Wyndham Worldwide in its $1.95 billion acquisition of La Quinta Inns & Suites’ franchise and management businesses.
- Co-author, “Acquiring Section 305 Preferred Stock In a Reverse Triangular Merger,” Tax Notes Federal (June 28, 2021)
- Author, “Monetizing Transaction Tax Deductions in Acquisitive Transactions,“ Tax Notes (March 2, 2020)
- LLM, New York University School of Law, 2014
- JD, Magna cum laude, St. John's University School of Law, 2013; Member, St. John’s Law Review
- BS, St. John's College, Annapolis, 2008
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 2014