Folake Fani-Kayode is an associate in the private equity transaction practice group Ropes & Gray’s London Office, having trained at the firm and gained experience in the tax and benefits, investment management and financial services regulation, finance, and private equity transaction practice groups.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Folake worked in the Nigeria office of a U.S. based private equity fund of funds, assisting the investment team with origination and deal structuring.
- Acting for BigHand, a leading provider of productivity software to the legal market – and a portfolio company of Bridgepoint, the international private equity group – on its acquisition of DW Reporting, a legal business intelligence and matter pricing provider
- Acting for Intermediate Capital Group in its £1.3 billion joint partnership investment with Hg into IRIS
- Acting for Ensono, a portfolio company of Charlesbank Capital, on its acquisition of the hosted data center services business from Wipro Limited, the IT consulting company in India
- Acting for Bain Capital in connection with its purchase of a controlling stake in MKM, the UK’s largest independent builders’ merchant, from 3i and Lloyds Development Capital
- Acting for Silverfleet Capital on the acquisition of Riviera Travel, a leading specialist holiday operator of European escorted tours and cruises
- Acting for Intermediate Capital Group on its investment in Blackrock Programme Management (Blackrock PM), a UK-headquartered professional services firm that provides construction consulting and expert witness services for large, international construction and engineering projects
- Acting for TSG Consumer Partners on its acquisition of a minority stake in BrewDog, a Scottish craft beer
- Acting for Nordic Capital on equity investment matters related to the acquisition of eResearch Technology (ERT)
- Advising on the UKLA Listing Rules, AIM Rules for Nominated Advisors and AIM Rules for Companies and assisting with advising a financial institution on a sensitive regulatory matter involving numerous regulators (contentious and non-contentious)
- Assisting with advising on HM Revenue and Customs’ revised technical note and guidance on the Salaried Members rules introduced in Finance Bill 2014