Marcus has broad transactional experience and has built a practice which focuses on providing pragmatic advice in connection with structuring and negotiating mergers & acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, joint ventures, preferred equity investments and other direct investments. Additionally, Marcus has significant experience advising clients with respect to distressed and special situations investments. Marcus regularly works with private equity sponsor clients and their portfolio companies.
Private Equity / M&A Transactions
- Represented United Surgical Partners in its sale, along with Aspen Healthcare, to Tenet Healthcare.
- Represented Altamont Capital in the recapitalization of Fox Head, Inc., a maker of motorcoss equipment and apparel.
- Represented Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe in its investment in Simeio Solutions, a provider of end-to-end identity and access management (IAM) solutions.
- Represented CRC Health Corporation in its acquisition of Habit, an operator of outpatient substance abuse centers.
- Represented Stanadyne, a Kohlberg & Co. portfolio company, in the sale of Stanadyne’s filtration business.
- Represented First Guaranty Mortgage Corporation in its acquisition of goodmortgage.com, an online consumer-direct mortgage lender.
- Represented American Industrial Partners in its acquisition of KMT Group, a global leader in the design and manufacture of products utilizing ultrahigh-pressure pump technology in industrial manufacturing, surface preparation, and food processing applications.
- Represented a publicly-traded leading provider of artificial lift technologies for the oil and gas industry in its sale to another publicly-traded multinational conglomerate.
- Represented a publicly-traded savings and loan company in the disposition of a commercial loan portfolio.
Distressed / Special Situations Transactions
- Represented TSSP, TPG’s dedicated credit and special situations platform, in its acquisition of a Credit Suisse distressed portfolio comprised of over 270 instruments across asset types and geographies relating to approximately 170 companies.
- Represented the holders of first lien debt in the Chapter 11 restructuring and acquisition of a land developer.
- Represented a private equity firm in connection with its bid to acquire the operating assets of a bankrupt owner and operator of power plants in the Boston area.
- Represented a private equity firm in the acquisition of substantially all of the assets of a leading manufacturer of foam products through a credit bid pursuant to a sale under §363 of the Bankruptcy Code.
- Represented a consortium of significant private investment funds in bid to acquire the assets of a private company engaging in mining, smelting, and refining copper as a result of the company's Chapter 11 cases.