Alexandra Finlayson joined Ropes & Gray as an associate in the private investment funds group in London in 2017.
Alex is involved in the structuring, formation and ongoing representation of private investment funds and has experience in structuring co-investment arrangements and carried interest schemes. She also represents institutional investors in relation to their proposed investments in private funds.
- Acting for Nordic Capital on the formation of Nordic Capital IX (€4.3 billion)
Transactions in which Alex has been involved prior to joining the firm include advising:
- A global leader in infrastructure and real assets management on the establishment of its €4 billion European infrastructure fund
- A real estate investment manager on the establishment of its €750 million value-add real estate fund, and certain co-investment projects
- A real estate investment manager on the establishment of its German-focused open-ended and closed-ended debt funds
- A pension fund with over £7 billion of assets under management on the structuring of various joint venture arrangements and its investments in private funds
- A UK-listed infrastructure fund on the acquisition of a loan portfolio financing renewable energy projects