Alyssa P. Fixsen
Allie Fixsen joined the firm's litigation and enforcement practice group in 2018. She represents clients in an array of government enforcement matters and complex commercial disputes. She also maintains an active pro bono practice in immigration, housing, and post-conviction relief matters.
During law school, Allie served as a judicial extern to Justice Scott L. Kafker of the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court, as a senior editor on the Boston College Law Review, and as a research assistant to Professor Mary Sarah Bilder. She competed in and won the 2018 J. Braxton Craven, Jr. Constitutional Law Moot Court Competition at UNC, where her team won the best brief award. Allie was also a member of the Boston College Civil Litigation Clinic. Before law school, Allie worked for the federal government.
- Representing global pharmaceutical company in litigation in the Northern District of California asserting Lanham Act claims against competitors and defending antitrust counterclaims.
- Successfully defended multinational energy company before the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court, obtaining a unanimous decision upholding client’s multimillion dollar property tax exemption. (Veolia Energy Boston v. Board of Assessors of Boston, 483 Mass. 108 (2019)).
- Represented biotechnology company in qui tam action involving alleged violations of the False Claims Act and federal Anti-Kickback Statute.
- Assisted private equity sponsors and portfolio companies in identifying, assessing, and mitigating antitrust, corruption, sanctions, and money-laundering risks related to various transactions and investments.
- Co-author, “Latin America Overview,” The Practitioner’s Guide to Global Investigations, Fifth Edition (March 2021)
- Author, Rosenfield v. GlobalTranz: Is the Manager Rule Dead? The Ninth Circuit Holds That Fair Notice Is the Appropriate Test for Whether a Managerial Employee's Activity Is Protected Under the FLSA, 58 B.C.L. Rev. E. Supp. 266 (2017)
- JD, summa cum laude, Boston College Law School, 2018; Order of the Coif; Dean Dennis A. Dooley Award for Outstanding Scholarship Average; Senior Editor, Boston College Law Review
- AB (Government), Harvard College, 2009
Admissions / Qualifications
- Massachusetts, 2018