Christopher J. Fisher
Christopher focuses his practice primarily on transactional matters, representing private equity firms and strategic investors in the structuring and negotiation of leveraged buyouts, cross-border transactions, public and private mergers, acquisitions and divestitures and other general corporate matters.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Christopher was an associate in Jenner & Block’s corporate practice, focusing on mergers & acquisitions, debt and equity securities offerings and other financial transactions. Previous to beginning his legal practice, Christopher worked in various capacities for LaSalle Bank and Bank of America. Christopher’s banking experience includes, but is not limited to, structured finance, operations management and project management.
- Representation of one of the world’s largest agri-businesses in its $1.3 billion dollar blended stock and asset acquisition of its global cocoa business by an industry competitor.*
- Representation of one of the world’s largest agri-businesses in its $440 million dollar blended stock and asset acquisition of its global chocolate business by an industry competitor.*
- Representation of Obagi Medical Products in its $441 million public company cash tender acquisition by Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc.*
- Representation of Merge Healthcare Inc. in its cash tender offer for all of its $252 million outstanding 11.75% Senior Secured Notes and related entry into a $275 million Term and Revolving Loan Credit Facility.*
- Representation of industry leading private aerospace firm in its $40 million dollar security services agreement.*
- Representation of General Motors Company in its $1.7 billion dollar secondary offering of common stock held by the United States Department of Treasury and the UAW Retiree Medical Benefits Trust.*
- Representation of General Motors Company in a $175 million public secondary offering of warrants to purchase GM common stock by a UAW VEBA trust through a modified “Dutch auction” process.*
- Representation of General Motors Company in its $4.5 billion dollar private placement of senior notes, and its corresponding $4.5 billion dollar A/B Exchange.*
Please note that the following transactions were completed prior to joining Ropes & Gray.*
- Co-Author – “Proposed Delaware Amendment May Increase Use of Tender-Offer Structures,” VC Experts (October 2013)