Christopher Foo joined Ropes and Gray in 2021 as an associate in the data, privacy and cybersecurity practice. Christopher has experience advising companies ranging from start‐ups to multinational organisations on data protection and privacy issues such as data breach response procedures, binding corporate rules applications, impact assessments, and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliance projects. Before joining the firm, Christopher was an associate in the data protection department in the London office of another large international law firm.
Notable transactions in which Christopher has been involved prior to joining the firm include:
- Advised multinational organisations on subject access request responses and procedures and data breach management, responses and notifications
- Conducted a multi‐jurisdictional survey of legal opinions regarding the scanning activities of a cybersecurity service provider
- Advised a British augmented reality company on its $500 million acquisition by a leading U.S. social media platform
- Advised a U.S. leader in accounting automation software on its $150 million acquisition of an AI‐powered accounts receivable automation and digital transformation cloud‐based platform
- Co‐author, “New SCCs and the future of data transfers in the UK,” Privacy Laws & Business (March 2021)
- Co‐author, “The use of personal data in AI through the lens of data protection,” Privacy Laws & Business (November 2020)
- Contributor, “Chapter 41: Interaction between the GDPR, National Implementing Legislation and Sectoral Legislation,” Twenty‐First Institute on Privacy and Cybersecurity Law course handbook, Volume 2 (2020)
- Co‐author, “Artificial Intelligence: A push for regulation,” Privacy Laws & Business (May 2020)
- Co‐author, “Finding a Legal Ground for AI,” Privacy Laws & Business (September 2019)
DisclaimerRopes & Gray International LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in Delaware, United States of America and is a recognised body regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (with registered number 521000).
- LPC, University of Law, London, 2017
- LLB, King's College London, 2015
Admissions / Qualifications
- England and Wales, Solicitor, 2019