Eliza Marshall Foley
Eliza Marshall Foley joined Ropes & Gray in 2020 as an associate in the securities & public companies group after spending four years as an associate in the New York office of a premier U.S. law firm, where she represented public and private companies in connection with capital markets transactions, mergers & acquisitions, corporate governance and general corporate work. Eliza’s practice at the firm to date has largely focused on the representation of issuers, private equity sponsors and underwriters in connection with both unregistered and registered offerings, including initial public offerings, as well as general public company matters.
- Represent various public and private issuers, sponsors, underwriters, initial purchasers, and selling shareholders in connection with registered and unregistered offerings of equity (IPO and follow-on) and investment grade and high yield debt, as well as tender offers and debt redemptions.
- Provide ongoing representation of public company clients in connection with securities law and corporate governance matters.
- Represented Baring Private Equity Asia and Virtusa Corporation in their $300 million high-yield notes offering.
- Represented Servpro Industries, LLC, a portfolio company of The Blackstone Group Inc., in its offering of $260 million of notes under its whole-business securitization.
- Represented Schneider National, Inc. in connection with its initial public offering of common stock.*
- Represented TerraForm Global Operating, LLC in connection with its $400 million unregistered high-yield notes offering.*
- Represented TerraForm Power Operating, LLC in connection with its $1.2 billion unregistered high-yield notes offering.*
- Represented Fortress Transportation & Infrastructure Investors LLC in its $131 million registered common stock offering.*
- Represented the underwriters in Beacon Roofing Supply, Inc.’s $346 million registered common stock offering.*
- Represented the underwriters in Murphy Oil Corporation’s $550 million registered high-yield notes offering.*
- Represented Northrop Grumman Corporation in connection with its $750 million registered investment grade notes offering.*
- Represented various public companies and private equity sponsors in connection with proposed multi-billion dollar public mergers and acquisitions.*
- Represented the special committee of the Hudson Ltd. board of directors in connection with the sale of all of its remaining equity interests to Dufry AG Group.*
- Represented IBM in the sale of its marketing platform and commerce software offerings to Centerbridge Partners, L.P.*
- JD, magna cum laude, New York University School of Law, 2016; Order of the Coif; Florence Allen Scholar
- BA (Political Science), magna cum laude, Brown University, 2013; Phi Beta Kappa
Admissions / Qualifications
- Not admitted in Massachusetts
- New York, 2017