Jaime Orloff Feeney
Jaime is an associate in the firm’s Litigation and Enforcement practice group. Jaime represents individuals and corporate clients in criminal, civil and regulatory enforcement actions, civil and criminal litigation, and internal investigations. In recent years, Jaime has represented health care companies, private equity firms and other corporations in the pharmaceutical, medical device and hospital industries facing government investigations concerning alleged health care fraud, improper marketing practices, violations of the False Claims Act, Anti-Kickback Statute, Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, and the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
Prior to joining the firm, Jaime served as special assistant corporation counsel at the New York City Law Department, where she represented the City of New York and its agencies in federal and state actions involving constitutional challenges to city policies and practices.
- Lead associate representing a global pharmaceutical company in a False Claims Act investigation alleging GMP violations.
- Lead associate representing medical device company in a Department of Justice investigation into criminal FDCA allegations and False Claims Act liability.
- Representing practice management company in a multi-state U.S. Attorney investigation alleging anti-kickback and false claims violations.
- Representing private equity firm and its portfolio company in internal investigation concerning FCPA and international risk issues.
- Represented a medical device company in a federal investigation involving alleged violations of the FDCA and FDA regulations.
- Represented an international pharmaceutical company in a Department of Justice investigation and False Claims Act matter, in which the government declined to intervene and the relator voluntarily dismissed the complaint.
- Represented a managed long term care plan in a high-profile fraud investigation conducted by the New York State Attorney General’s Medicaid Fraud Control Unit and the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York.
- Conducted several internal investigations of alleged violations of the FCPA, including for an international pharmaceutical manufacturer in China and a venture capital firm in India.
- Advised medical device company on international corruption issues relating to third-party distributors.
- Counsel to investment advisors and private equity fund managers in connection with SEC examinations and enforcement matters, including responses to deficiency letters and investigative subpoenas.
- Represented investors in several residential mortgage-backed securities (“RMBS”) trusts in multiple cases filed in New York state and federal court and Delaware Chancery Court.
- Represented a minor with intellectual disabilities in a Third Circuit appeal under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act, obtaining a favorable settlement for the client.
- Represented seniors and low-income New Yorkers in New York City housing court, defending against predatory evictions and other discriminatory practices.
- Represented individuals before U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services in petitions for asylum and special nonimmigrant status for victims of domestic violence.
- Co-author, “Self-Reporting to the Authorities and Other Disclosure Obligations: The US Perspective,” The Practitioner’s Guide to Global Investigations, Third Edition (2019)
- Co-author, “Self-Reporting to the Authorities and Other Disclosure Obligations: The US Perspective,” Global Investigations Review’s The Practitioner’s Guide to Global Investigations (January 2017)
- Co-author, “Effective FCPA Compliance Strategies in the Wake of the Panama Papers,” The FCPA Report (May 4, 2016)
- Contributor, “Taming the ‘Wild West’: Enforcement Trends and Reimbursement Issues Facing Independent Clinical Laboratories,” Bloomberg BNA Health Law Reporter (April 14, 2016)