Jamie L. Flaherty
Jamie Flaherty joined Ropes & Gray in 2015 as an associate in the corporate department. She is a member of the health care and intellectual property practice groups. Jamie advises hospitals, universities, pharmaceutical manufacturers, managed care plans, research institutes, and other health care organizations regarding a broad range of regulatory, compliance, financing, and transactional issues. She has represented both academic and industry clients in the area of clinical research.
During law school, Jamie was a member of Boston University School of Law’s Health Law Association. She also served as a note editor for the American Journal of Law and Medicine. Jamie also worked as a judicial intern with the Honorable Juan R. Torruella at the First Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Advised research institutions and industry sponsors regarding research policy and compliance issues, including human subjects protection and informed consent.
- Provided assistance to research institutions conducting research in humans and animals, including clinical trials issues, research grants and contracts matters, research misconduct, and investigations.
- Advised health care and research institutions in connection with internal investigations involving allegations of research misconduct.
- Advised a health care client in connection with the resolution of a federal False Claims Act qui tam action.
- Advised several health care and university organizations on corporate finance matters, including tax-exempt public offerings and bank direct purchases.
- Advised health care clients on issues relating to export controls regulations, and drafted export controls policies.
- Conducted compliance program reviews and risk assessments for providers and managed care plans with the objective of enhancing the effectiveness of health care compliance program activities to meet obligations under OIG and continually evolving legal standards and industry best practices.
- Advised life sciences clients in connection with collaboration and license agreements.
- Co-author, “India Releases New Draft Rules Reinforcing Compensation Requirements for Injuries ‘Related To’ Clinical Trials,” Bloomberg BNA’s Life Sciences Law & Industry Report (April 2, 2018)
- Co-author, “SACHRP Releases Guidance on Broad Consent Under Revised Common Rule,” Bloomberg BNA’s Life Sciences Law & Industry Report (September 15, 2017)
- Author, “Digital Diagnosis: Privacy and the Regulation of Mobile Phone Health Applications,” 40 Am. J. Law Med. 416 (2014)