Kelly Finn joined Ropes & Gray in 2016 and is an associate in the firm's mergers & acquisitions and capital markets groups. Her practice focuses primarily on transactional matters, representing public companies, investment banks and private equity firms in mergers and acquisitions, private financings, capital markets transactions and other strategic transactions. In addition, Kelly regularly advises clients on securities law compliance and general corporate governance matters.
- Represented Becton Dickinson in multiple acquisitions, including its recent acquisition of Parata and its acquisition of the medical business of Cubex.
- Representing strategic review committees of several publicly listed companies undergoing review of strategic alternatives.
- Represented the underwriters in multiple offerings of Nuvei Corporation, a payment processing company, with aggregate proceeds of over $1.8 billion. These offerings include certain of Nuvei’s follow-on offerings and the company’s $805 million initial public offering.
- Represented Dragoneer Growth Opportunities Corp., a special purpose acquisition company, in its approximately $7 billion business combination with CCC Intelligent Solutions, a SaaS platform for the P&C insurance economy, and its concurrent $150 million PIPE and $175 million forward purchase transactions.
- Represented The Wendy’s Company on multiple offerings under its whole-business securitization, including its most recent offering of $1.4 billion in asset-backed term and variable funding notes.
- Represented Domino's Pizza, Inc. on multiple offerings under its whole-business securitization, including its most recent offering of $2.05 billion in asset-backed term and variable funding notes.
- Represented The TJX Companies, Inc., the leading off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the U.S. and worldwide, in its $4 billion and $1 billion registered note offerings and in its $1.12 billion notes tender offer.
- Represented Planet Fitness, Inc. in the issuance of $1.275 billion in fixed rate and variable funding notes under its whole-business securitization and the subsequent follow-on issuance of $550 million fixed rate notes.
- Represented underwriters in the $72 million initial public offering of Fulcrum Therapeutics, Inc.
- Represented TESARO, Inc. in connection with its sale to GlaxoSmithKline plc for $5.1 billion.
- Represents Eversource Energy in its joint venture with Ørsted AS, the global leader in offshore wind power, to develop deepwater offshore wind farms off the coast of the New England states.
- Represented Medtronic in its $1.64 billion acquisition of Mazor Robotics.
- Represented Eversource Energy in the issuance of $635.7 million in fixed rate senior secured rate reduction bonds.
- Represented Dunkin' Brands Group, Inc. in the refinancing of its senior secured credit facility comprised of $1.55 billion in fixed rate and variable funding notes in a follow-on issuance under its whole-business securitization.
- Represented Bioverativ Inc. in its acquisition of True North Therapeutics, a privately-held, clinical-stage rare disease biotechnology company, for $400 million of upfront consideration, with additional payments of up to $425 million contingent on the achievement of future milestone.
- Represented H.I.G. Capital in connection with its refinancing of a private company investment.
- Represented H.I.G. Capital in obtaining first lien and second lien financing for its acquisition of VIP Cinema Seating, a leading designer and assembler of premium seating solutions for the global cinema industry.
- Represented Genstar Capital in obtaining financing for its acquisition of Association Member Benefits Advisors, a national affinity marketing insurance agency.
- Represented life sciences clients in connection with equity investments and secondary offerings.
- Represented a public company client in connection with its strategic asset divestiture.
- Ongoing representation of public company clients in connection with securities law and corporate governance matters.
- JD, Columbia University School of Law, 2016; Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar; note editor, Columbia Business Law Review
- BA (International Relations, Chinese), magna cum laude; Dean’s List, Tufts University, 2013
Admissions / Qualifications
- Massachusetts, 2016