Marc Feldhamer joined Ropes & Gray in 2015 in the private equity group, where he helps the group develop, retain and share information and best practices and keeps the group updated on legal developments. Marc has ten years’ experience as a business lawyer representing companies and private equity funds in connection with merger and acquisitions and other transactions, including leveraged buyouts, recapitalizations, add-on acquisitions, agreements among investors, corporate restructurings and exit transactions.
- Represented Clarion Partners in its $3.2 billion 2015 acquisition of Gables Residential.
- Represented AEA Investors its acquisition of Fluid Flow Products.
- Represented Alliance Time in its recapitalization.
- Represented AEA Investors its acquisition of Galco Industrial Electronics.
- Represented a leading global investment banking firm in its acquisition of an investment management and research company specializing in smart beta investing.
- Represented New Mountain Capital in its $735 million acquisition of NuSil Technology.
- Represented AEA Investors in its sale of Phillips Pet Food to Thomas H. Lee Partners.
- Represented New Mountain Capital in its $450 million acquisition of SNL Financial.
- Represented Phillips Pet Food in its acquisition of PFX Pet Supply.
- Co-author, “Chancery Court applies MFW framework in private equity merger transaction,” International Law Office Corporate Finance/M&A Newsletter (March 13, 2019)
- Co-author, “Chancery court allows Straight Path stockholders to pursue direct claims against company's former controlling stockholder,” International Law Office Corporate Finance/M&A Newsletter (October 17, 2018)
- Co-author, “Delaware courts consider whether minority stockholders are controllers: Oracle and Tesla reviewed,” International Law Office Corporate Finance/M&A Newsletter (October 3, 2018) Co-author, “New York Supreme Court enjoins Xerox acquisition,” International Law Office Corporate Finance/M&A Newsletter (September 12, 2018)
- Co-author, “Opinion provides guidance on interpretation of contractual provisions relating to fraud-based claims,” International Law Office (March 30, 2016)
- Quoted, “Technicalities disqualify Dell stockholders' appraisal rights under 'continuous holder' requirements,” International Law Office (January 27, 2016)
- “How to Deal with LinkedIn Recommendations,” Ignites (September 2, 2011)
- Denise L. Loring and Diana Santos, “Statutory Patent Reform and Its Effect on Patent Infringement Litigation,” Practising Law Institute, Patent Litigation 2011 Program (November 2011)
- Co-author, “Regulations on Medical Device Excise Tax Proposed,” Tax Planning International: Indirect Taxes, Bloomberg BNA (February 2012)
- Cited, “Eight Petitions Filed on PTAB Day One; Challenging Patents Under New AIA Rules,” Bloomberg BNA Patent, Trademark & Copyright Journal (September 18, 2012)
- Quoted, “Judge Hacks IP Claims Against ProShares ETF System,” Law360 (April 20, 2012)
- Presenter, “IAA Compliance Workshop,” Investment Adviser Association (December 6, 2011)
- Panelist, “Parallel Universes: Best and Worst Practices in Valuation,” Houlihan Lokey's 4th Annual Alternative Investing Summit Series (May 24, 2011)
- Moderator, “Health Care Fraud,” White Collar Crime and Corporate Governance Conference (April 18, 2012)
- “Clinical Trials Disclosure and Reporting Compliance: State Laws,” Strafford Legal Webinar (March 31, 2011)