Michelle works with companies in a broad range of industries including branded and consumer products, retail, technology, software, media, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device, and finance.
Prior to joining the firm, Michelle worked at Marvel Entertainment in its Business and Legal Affairs group, and was a coordinator for the Asylum Application Assistance Program at the African Refugee Development Center, a Tel Aviv-based NGO.
- Developed roadmap for compliance with the EU’s upcoming General Data Protection Regulation
- Marquee Brands in its acquisition of British men’s clothing brand Ben Sherman and its related intellectual property assets from Oxford Industries, Inc.
- Castanea Partners in its acquisition of a minority interest in Proenza Schouler, the New York-based luxury fashion brand, and in its acquisition of the Thymes, LLC, a creator of curated bath, body and home fragrance collections
- Dunkin’ Brands, Inc. in IP and licensing matters in connection with its $2.6 billion whole-business securitization
- Pfizer in connection with social media and privacy-related matters
- TSG Consumer Partners in IP matters relating to investments in multiple fashion, retail and consumer products companies, including Alexis Bittar and Revolve Clothing
- KarpReilly in its acquisition of a majority interest in Sprinkles Cupcakes
- Wright Medical Technology in its sale of its OrthoRecon business to MicroPort Scientific Corporation
- SKM Equity Fund III and Ollie’s Bargain Outlet in the sale of Ollie’s to CCMP Capital Advisors
- Co-author, “Countdown to Compliance: 1 Year to Go Until GDPR Enforcement,” Law360 (May 26, 2017)
- “Putting the Brakes on Libel Tourism: The Effects Test as a Basis for Personal Jurisdiction under New York’s Libel Terrorism Protection Act,” 31 Cardozo Law Review 2457 (2010)
- Co-Presenter, “What U.S. Companies Need to Know about the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR),” Boston Bar Association (May 2, 2017)