Patrick J. Foote
Patrick J. Foote is a law clerk in the corporate department. Patrick assists financial institutions, corporate borrowers, private equity sponsors and debt funds with a broad range of domestic and cross-border financing transactions, including bilateral and syndicated credit facilities, loan note subscription agreements, LC, ABL and unitranche facilities, mezzanine and leveraged financings and high yield bonds.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Patrick worked as a finance lawyer in the Sydney office of a prominent Australian law firm, where he worked on a broad range of transactions including corporate restructures, mergers & acquisitions, financing transactions for major Australian banks and private and publicly listed companies, as well as convertible note issuances and fund financings for corporate clients.
During law school, Patrick excelled academically, receiving Dean’s Merit List commendation in both 2013 and 2015. He also received first place in his contract law course in 2014 and was awarded a full scholarship to attend Shanghai University in 2016 to learn about the developing Chinese legal system.
- Advised a large Australian publicly listed mining corporation in respect of its inaugural secured financing and convertible note issuance (in connection with its acquisition and redevelopment of a Queensland coal mine).*
- Represented two major international financial institutions in relation to financing the construction of data centers in Singapore and Australia for a large private equity sponsor.*
- Represented several major Australian superannuation funds in connection with various fund financings.*
- Represented a major Australian group operating and owning over 50 cinemas refinance its senior secured working capital facilities.*
- Represented two major international financial institutions in relation to refinancing the secured debt of a major multinational mining conglomerate (via a $350,000,000 ABL facility and a $350,000,000 US bond issuance).*
- Represented a multinational corporate group (which manufactures, distributes and markets carbonated soft drinks, still and mineral waters, fruit juices, coffee and other alcohol-free beverages) sell off its canned fruits production and sales division in Australia.*
- Represented a major Australian retail company refinance its working capital facility lines through a $AUD300,000,000 senior secured floating rate note issuance via the Australian capital markets.*
- Advised a major Australian real estate corporate in relation to its capital restructure / refinance of their mezzanine term debt / working capital facilities following its external administration.*
*Experience prior to joining Ropes & Gray
- GDL, The Law Society of New South Wales, 2018
- LLB, Western Sydney University, 2017; Member, Golden Key International Honour Society
- BSc Econ, Western Sydney University, 2017
- Diploma of Financial Planning, Kaplan Professional, 2015
Admissions / Qualifications
- New South Wales, Australia, Solicitor, 2018
- High Court of Australia