Phil Fogarty joined the corporate and private equity transactions group of Ropes & Gray’s London office as an associate in 2016. Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Phil trained and qualified as a solicitor with a leading Irish law firm.
Phil has experience acting on a broad range of matters with specific experience acting for private equity investors, portfolio companies and founders on M&A transactions as well as advising on general corporate law and governance issues.
- Acting for Bridgepoint Development Capital on the sale of Inspired Thinking Group Holdings Limited (ITG)
- Acting for Pulsant and Oak Hill on the acquisition of LayerV, a specialist public cloud solution integration company
- Acting for Intermediate Capital Group on its investment in Blackrock Programme Management (Blackrock PM), a UK-headquartered professional services firm that provides construction consulting and expert witness services for large, international construction and engineering projects
- Acting for Codman Neuro – an affiliated company of Johnson & Johnson - on its acquisition of Irish stroke care company Neuravi Limited
- Acting for Bain Capital on its purchase of a controlling stake in MKM, the UK’s largest independent builders’ merchant, from 3i and Lloyds Development Capital
- Acting for TPG Capital, and its portfolio company Beaver-Visitec on the acquisition of Malosa Medical, a UK-based medical devices company
- Acting for Kanders & Company, and its portfolio company The Safariland Group, on the acquisition of Aegis Engineering and LBA International